Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cache approvals

TennesseeGeocacher Guest
    Greeting All,

This an old topic, sorry to bring it back up but just saw it. If there is ever a delay in approving a cache in Arkansas please send me a note at TNGeocacher@aol.com I am the only reviewer for your great state.

Going to try to cover a few topics so it may be easier for all to see why things happen, and I can not do anything about how the site handles stuff so bear with me please.

“”Things To Do For Fast Cache Review & Approval””

If I have to wait for a reply that’s add nothing but time and usually a day or two to when your cache will be reviewed and approved or not listed. If there are other caches to be reviewed even after your reply has been received yours will still be at the bottom of the stack and not get looked at again until the new ones that had no problems are approved. If you don’t provide enough information and you have to wait till the others are done. Its really simple all those folks that had all there ducks in a row with no issues that we were not told about in the reviewer notes get theirs approved first

THE NOTE TO REVIEWER :

The reviewer notes are a great resource use them, but remember when I post a reviewer note to your cache page , you get a notification by email that I did it, when you post a note, I get nothing that’s why after the first post by me that you have to email me at TNGeocacher@aol.com for me to go look at your cache page again to see what your reply was.

Use this post to tell us all about you cache especially all the coordinates for multistage puzzles, and offset caches.

After you hit the summit button go look a the map on the cache look for things like rail road tracks, air ports and things that may put up a red flag, go ahead and tell us about things like this because we are going to ask. If we do not have to wait for a reply it speeds everything up.

After you hit the summit button click on the next nearest cache to make sure you are ( .1 mile ) 528 feet away from the nearest cache and if a multistage happen to be near know where the stages are at, we also check that. This is one of the most common reasons for not getting a fast cache approval. Simply know where you are hiding a cache and what’s around you.

All reviewer notes are archived, not deleted, this how I was able to go back and see what the problem was with topkitty98 ( BTW an not throwing any stones at topkitty98 here just showing how the process works and asked her permission to use her cache as an example, BTW this happens all the time wrong state I mean ) cache it all started when she chose the state of Colorado as where her cache was at even though the coordinates were in Arkansas.

The state selection places it in the proper state query, in other words I never seen it, why would I look in Colorado query unless I was helping out in that state at the time, CoAdmin is not in good health and it takes him a little longer to do the reviewing, we all go at our on speed and some are faster than others, if you and I were hiking up a steep hill you would more than likely beat me to the top. OK the rest of the story.

So now the cache is in the Colorado query and it was submitted on 9 /19 for review by topkitty98

( after a couple of days she posted this reviewer note ) we do not know this was posted to the page

9/21/2004 topkitty98 - Just wondering if there's a problem? Thanks, topkitty98

( after a couple more days went by ) he checks his query, saw the cache note and responds and puts it into his hold query, another place that I do not look at.

9/23/03 CO Admin - Not that I am aware of. Why do you ask.

9/23/04 topkitty98 - "Just wondering if there's a problem? Thanks, topkitty98"

9/23/04 CO Admin - I am checking your cache for approval and I have one question.
    The cache page says Colorado but the coordinates are in Arkansas. Which is right?
    Thanks CO Admin

9/23/04 topkitty98 - I was wondering because it's been longer than usual to get this approved, so I wondered if there was a problem? Thanks, top kitty

9/23/04 topkitty98 - Arkansas, sorry, it's corrected.

9/25/04 topkitty98 - Okay, now is this cache lost in cyber-space?

Think ya’ll are starting to see the big picture, and will explain a little more.

When CO Admin put the cache on hold it stays in his query until this cache is either approved or not listed to the site, this is to try to stop confusion with the cache owner having to work with different reviewers on the same cache. Once a hold is placed it cannot be taken off, or changed to another reviewer.

9/26/04 I received and email about the cache went to CO Admin hold query and approved it , end of story.

So in a nut shell tell us all and “MORE” than we need to know about your new cache, check and make sure the cache is enabled and not disabled, and check the things I mentioned above for a fast cache review.
    If it ever takes me more than 48 hours, am dead or sick in the hospital Heee Heee , have never taken a day off, and don’t plan to, having to much fun, this is a great job and enjoy doing it.

Tennessee Geocacher // Reviewer // Moderator // Geocacher

Geoark1 Guest
    test