Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azkaban Tb Prison

redink Guest

Azkaban Tb Prison

Does anyone know of this cache? The coords apparently were reserved
    around 03-16-08, but has not been published. The reason I am asking is,
    it is holding a couple of my trackables. They were last handled by
    ARwindstalker. I have emailed him several times and have not recieved a reply. He has not logged on the GC website since April of 2008.

I am not implying he has them, just wondered if anyone down south may know of him and how to contact him, it appears he may have dropped
    out of caching.

Thanks
    Red Ink

cachemates Guest
    Same here. I have contacted him several times about one of my TB's, No reply. I have give up on it.
    Good Luck.

redink Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachemates
    Same here. I have contacted him several times about one of my TB's, No reply. I have give up on it.
    Good Luck.
    Thanks for the reply, I just hope the young man is ok
    and doing well.

majii Guest
    Sounds like an effective prison if the cache never gets published and nobody knows where it is...

Azkaban - Travel Bug Prison (GC1A95J) was submitted for review about a year ago. The first sentence of the cache description read, "This cache is not hidden at the posted coordinates, although you will need to go to these coordinates in order to find the cache. Hopefully someone can liberate these TB's." The coordinates for the final cache location were not provided, and these are required in order for me to complete my review. Also, the cache was listed as a traditional cache, not a multi. So I asked the cache owner to change the cache type to a multi and provide me with the coordinates for the actual cache location as a hidden "Additional Waypoint". I waited two weeks and never got a reply and the changes were not made. So I archived the cache listing.

I will mark the TBs as missing. Also, to help the TB owners out, if anyone wants to try find the first stage, the coordinates for the first stage are N 35° 29.924 W 094° 25.551. I don't know if the first stage and the cache are still there, but it might be worth a shot to see if you can "liberate these TB's!"

Chuck Walla
    Geocaching.com Volunteer Cache Reviewer
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

redink Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWalla
    Azkaban - Travel Bug Prison (GC1A95J) was submitted for review about a year ago. The first sentence of the cache description read, "This cache is not hidden at the posted coordinates, although you will need to go to these coordinates in order to find the cache. Hopefully someone can liberate these TB's." The coordinates for the final cache location were not provided, and these are required in order for me to complete my review. Also, the cache was listed as a traditional cache, not a multi. So I asked the cache owner to change the cache type to a multi and provide me with the coordinates for the actual cache location as a hidden "Additional Waypoint". I waited two weeks and never got a reply and the changes were not made. So I archived the cache listing.

I will mark the TBs as missing. Also, to help the TB owners out, if anyone wants to try find the first stage, the coordinates for the first stage are N 35° 29.924 W 094° 25.551. I don't know if the first stage and the cache are still there, but it might be worth a shot to see if you can "liberate these TB's!"

Chuck Walla
    Geocaching.com Volunteer Cache Reviewer
    Well Done Chuck Walla! In my opinion you may add a couple of more stars to your avatar

kittzle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    An unpublished multi stage cache..that may or may not be there...containing several TB's that have been trapped there for a year. Oh yeah, sign us up!!

We planned on playing around Fort Smith Saturday anyway so unless someone wants to give it a shot before then we'll try to locate the prison and free those TB's from the Dementors.
    I think that would qualify for the FTF and FCC games on the NWAC site, LOL. And maybe a level 5 difficulty, hehehe.

Don't you just hate TB prisons? I know that if any of our TBs were still surviving, we wouldn't like them to go to places like this or the ITBJ