Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Email for a hint": Good Idea or Bad?

DarkKnight Guest
    I don't see any problem with email for a clue, unless I am 500 miles from home, and have no idea where to access a pc would be. If thats the case I usually email them up and ask for some kind of hint before I go. Most people if they know you are driving 500 miles will give you some type of hint. As for having a cell number, thats all well and good to, only problem is when I am out in the woods looking for a cache, or even in some of the smaller urban areas around, my cell signal is not worth anyhing......Maybe I need to change carriers

DK

MrsGeoark Guest
    I don't like to look like I just got off the last train thinking I am in Mufflataville or waiting for signals from space at the bubble ball. But holy smokes, hints can be very personal you be the judge. Sometimes when you reach the end of the line or the pinnacle of a hunt in caching, you might have to call the doctor because you have a friday nite fever. I am of the old school that if you don't succeed go try again. I won't log a DNF if I don't score a homerun, cause I don't like to be kept inside the box for long and then get back out there and cross that bridge, but rest in peace you can call or email if you are wanting to log the cache in your dream field, so hurry hurry, ready, set GO.
    Mrs. Geoark

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGeoark
    I don't like to look like I just got off the last train thinking I am in Mufflataville or waiting for signals from space at the bubble ball. But holy smokes, hints can be very personal you be the judge. Sometimes when you reach the end of the line or the pinnacle of a hunt in caching, you might have to call the doctor because you have a friday nite fever. I am of the old school that if you don't succeed go try again. I won't log a DNF if I don't score a homerun, cause I don't like to be kept inside the box for long and then get back out there and cross that bridge, but rest in peace you can call or email if you are wanting to log the cache in your dream field, so hurry hurry, ready, set GO.
    Mrs. Geoark
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

RuffRidr Guest
    Mrs. Geoark
    Nice!

--RuffRidr

nonnipoppy Guest
    Mrs. Geoark

What the heck is she talking about?

Oh wait! We resemble that remark.

If you have ever cached in Clarksville you will understand. If you haven't I ask. Why Not?

Back on topic we have abandoned the email for a clue in favor of using poppy's cell phone number. If no answer ....sorry.

Phantom_491 Guest
    Mrs. Geoark
    It took me a couple of times reading it through before I understood. I guess my age or maybe lack of is getting to me.

demonicangel Guest

email?

With some of the harder caches I pretty much expect to make more than one trip to the cache site to score a find. Two caches stand out in my mind. The Judge and Amalgamation both took many many trips before I finally scored a find (and only then after figuratively being taken by the hand and led to the cache).
    However, having said that, I would hate to make a long trip out to a cache site and not score a find if I know it will be a LONG time before I can manage to get out there again, if ever.
    I know on my hides if anyone ever has a problem with them, they are more than welcome to give me a call. Most of the local cachers know my number already and I never have a problem with giving it out. I'm open to discuss caching anytime (unless of course I'm so far out in the woods I don't get a signal).
    In addition to that, I try to give abstract hints that still require a little thought to figure them out.

nonnipoppy Guest

Re: email?

Quote Originally Posted by demonicangel
    In addition to that, I try to give abstract hints that still require a little thought to figure them out.
    Man is that ever an understatement! .....poppy

demonicangel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    Man is that ever an understatement! .....poppy
    Hehehehe, I was just going back through some of my finds and remembered something. I think your brother-in-law is the current champion of those abstract hints. Remember his simple clue "Could It Be?"
    That one had me scratching my head for a long time before I found the cache and only THEN realized what he was talking about. LOL

nonnipoppy Guest

........ I think your brother-in-law is the current champion of those abstract hints.
    Well it is the Golfnutz/Demonicangel School of useless cache hints