Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Page for Great Geocaches

RuffRidr Guest

Page for Great Geocaches

I have been checking out other organization's geocaching webpages lately. One thing I have seen on a lot of them is a section that lists "Must Do" geocaches in the area. Most of them are broken up into categories, such as best puzzles, best micros, best historical, best virtuals, most scenic, etc. I would like to get something like this going on our website, to show off some of our truly remarkable caches in the state.

So I was trying to think of a good way to get a page like this started. One idea that came to mind, is that we could have some kind of semi-annual nomination process. We could then take those nominations and vote on the best ones. Those would then make the list.

I didn't think long on this, so any other ideas are welcome as well. Hell, shoot my idea down, I don't care. Just let me know what ya think.

--RuffRidr

walkingshadow Guest
    I think this is a great idea. Must do page or even a favorite cache page so you could let everyone know about a cache that had that something special and what you liked about it.

Good idea. Have you ever gone to ORR's profile and look out how he has listed some of his finds finds. Fun.

What about a FAV for the state and 5 Different Fav's for regions?
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

I like this idea, too. Maybe like a top 10 list? Is that sort of what you had in mind?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

LadyEngineer Guest
    What a wonderful idea? I would love to see this one implimented.

RuffRidr Guest
    Here's an example of another organization's top caches page:

Middle Tennessee Geocacher's Club

I'd like to see something like that happen here. I'm not sure what is the best way of deciding what caches to put on the list, however.

--RuffRidr

LongDogs Guest
    I'll see if I can find some modules that do this...

yes

I like this idea a lot!!

I nominate summersunny9's "It's All Falling Together Now". It has elevated itself to our number one most favorite, prettiest, most picturesque, biggest adventure, good cache and area in the state. We love it!

I like ladyengineer's krispy kreme container - I understand that jerry-bonnie-abby had a hand in that.

Best mystery - my personal favorite is woodwalker's It Happens Every Spring. I understand he's working on a new series too.

And then there is Muggle's Box by bebopishere.

Hmmmm, I might have to have a top 100!!

I think this is agreat idea. It will help inform everyone of the better caches that they might not otherwise get to hunt.