Thread: Can't Delete Users

LongDogs Guest

Can't Delete Users

After a bit of research and frustration, I've determined that it is not possible to delete a user in this version of PHP-Nuke without corrupting the site and forum database.

I will try to fix the bug in PHP-Nuke, or at least figure out how some way to turn the users entry off in the member list, but until then I can't honor requests to remove a user.

In a worse case scenario, I can disable an account so a user can't log in, but I cannot actually remove the account.

GEO Guest
    Isn't that up to the individual,to delete their account?
    I know in most groups you can leave the group.

LongDogs Guest

You can leave, but you can't remove your account

You can leave, but you can't remove yourself from the login database. At least not right now. When you try (or when I try to remove someone) nothing happens. No error, but the account is still in the member list.

I'll look into it as soon as I get a chance. I'm gonna be pretty tied up over the next few days.

LD I have another group useing this type of forum I will see if they know.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

southdeltan Guest
    I have a policy of not deleting accounts. If the user causes problems (thankfully we haven't had that problem) I will disable the account.

I personally think it's up to the person to quit - if they want to, all they have to do is not visit the website.

Sometimes people change their minds and I got tired of deleting/restoring people so now I just don't do either (unless they are accidently deleted or something).

southdeltan

LongDogs Guest

Bug fixed

Ok, I've fixed this bug, and acounts may be deactivated or removed.

GEO Guest
    OK,
    But do not hit the delete button for me.
    Even if,I for some unknown reason,which won't ever happen,leave.

LongDogs Guest

Yeah

Yeah, I should have left it broke, but the programmer in me couldn't leave it alone.

It is a feature I hope I never have to use.