Thread: Hello from Glenwood!

Hello from Glenwood!

Well, I suppose I should say hello again. I started geocaching when I lived in Russellville and joined this site then. However I didn't get to know anyone here very well before I went and checked out of civilization and into the United States Marine Corps. I spent three months forgetting how to use technology and now I have a week or so here in Glenwood to learn to use my GPS before I head back out to do more training. Geocaching was one of the best ways to learn my GPS so I want to find the caches I didn't find around here before I have to leave again. Hopefully tho I will be able to maintain contacts on here as I travel the world as a Marine and it will give me many opportunities to find caches that I may never have had a chance to search for before.

I was wondering where you went. Now I know. Glad to have you back in redneckwood. Look me up this coming week for some caching in the area. I am busy with church and a old timer basketball practice sunday but monday, tuesday I can get with you after noon thirty.

Dentful1
    Aaron Bopp
    870-223-6565
    Rock Creek Road (across from "Wrong Order")

Hey mdlangley!

THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY!!

topkitty98 (Beth)

Hi mdlangley,
    Welcome back. If you have time stop by this cache GC15FPH. It is not far down the road from Langley and I work there.
    It would be great to meet you.
    Jerry

Thanks for the warm re-welcome everyone. I'll do the best I can to get around. I work with the recruiters in Hot Springs this week so I work long hours. I think I'm going to have to do most of my geocaching in the early morning hours or after dark (oooh adventure!). I leave out a week from Tuesday so we'll see how it goes. I'm fixing to go grab one at the park in Glenwood. It's a little hike so I'm grabbing a flashlight and I'll be back in a little bit to let you know how it went.

Well, after a couple of minutes of actually having time to try to go geocaching, I have learned two things. One, I will prolly never get my wife to actually desire to follow me into battle err... geocaching without some guarantee that we will find what we are looking for within 5 minutes. Then again trying to get a woman who is 6 months pregnant to look for caches in 30ish degree weather prolly doesn't say much for my intelligence. Two, I really suck at finding micro and nano caches. Other than that, learning my GPS again is going well and if I have a couple of hours off in the next couple of days I'm planning on giving you a call Dentful1 and seeing if we can meet up. I leave out on Tuesday so hopefully I will be able to give you a call tomorrow or Saturday.

First off, Thanks for serving our country!! Welcome back I hope you get to find a few before you ship back out.