Thread: Groundspeak Announces Iphone App

Groundspeak Announces Iphone App

In case any of you Iphone users didn't see this on the website:

http://www.geocaching.com/iphone/

I was this close to buying the Application, but then I read some of the reviews. Apparently you can not log in to your account while it is finding the caches, so you have no filters. No way to filter out your finds or your caches from the lists. That would be OK if you have a good memory of what caches you have found. Also no way to easily log your finds from the field, again the logging in part.

I think I am going to hold out and see if they fix any of this soon.

Then again , who knows, I might buy it anyway!

Yeah, DarrylW4 of the Cache-a-Maniacs podcast said the same thing. He said he's hoping it will get better with future releases.

Its an awsome app and yea there are some short falls but there always is in the first version. But say your out of town and want to find some caches, darn your too far away from the PQ u have, well login to the app and click find nearest and BOOOOOMMMMM there are the closest 20 to you with discriptions and logs and hints if you need it. So is it worth $10 for the first version and watch the updates sure I LOVE IT!!!!!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

That is way cool, but I am with the wrong provider

HikerRon Guest
    I bought the app and used it for the first time last weekend. once i used it to read the logs on a cache i did not have in my Palm. the other time, as stickerdude said, i was beyond my PQ results and used it to look for caches nearby . both times it worked great.
    i have not actually tried to hunt a cache with only the iPhone yet. i suspect that the gps capability is a little slow to update your location and i'm not going to hunt for a micro when i have 150ft accuracy

i'm sure GC will have some updates soon for the application.

HikerRon from what I've read its pretty good to about 10 feet.

HikerRon Guest
    I just rec'd my first 'upgrade' of Groundpseak's iPhone app.
    now, you can log in, eliminate your found caches, and have more advanced search options.
    this just keeps getting better and better

Well Groundspeak has updated the Geocaching App again. Now you can log a cache while you are at the cache. This app just keeps getting better.