Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Conway Bomb Squad makes another find

majii Guest
    Disclaimer or not, I'm going to assume that you hate Kris Allen.

drmo913 Guest

Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by chadbishop
    what freedoms?... i dont mean to offend anyone, but people always get offended... its just me making a statement... again, im not trying to upset anyone... im a paid actor and all of this was said while in character, but hopefully its something to think about.
    Freedom: Being able to offend and upset people with a statement by justifying the inflammatory remarks that people always get offended and upset while offering a disclaimer that one is a paid actor only offering a thought to ponder.

chadbishop Guest

Re: Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by drmo913
    what freedoms?... i dont mean to offend anyone, but people always get offended... its just me making a statement... again, im not trying to upset anyone... im a paid actor and all of this was said while in character, but hopefully its something to think about.
    Freedom: Being able to offend and upset people with a statement by justifying the inflammatory remarks that people always get offended and upset while offering a disclaimer that one is a paid actor only offering a thought to ponder.
    just because someone does something doesnt mean its something they are free to do. recently, a guy was able to stroll into a gym and shoot people. thanks for proving the my point about getting offended. btw, i was joking about the paid actor part, however, i am in town working for arkansas shakespeare theatre and grabbing as many caches as i can while im here.

redink Guest
    what freedoms? liberty has been eroded to such a point that i can only buy half a box of sudafed at a time, or let my son lay his head in my wifes lap while driving down the road, or smoke a cigarette. ill give you defending our freedoms in ww1 and 2, but iraq and afghanistan? even if whats going on over there is making us safer, life is not the same as freedom. many people live while enslaved, and most men who fight for freedom die. google freedom and death and youll see what i mean. try not to confuse liberty and life. i have to agree with dentful1, theres people in the service who are worthy of appreciation, theres also people who expect it. dont assume by what i just said that i feel one way or another about gun control, obama, bush, the war, the troops or government, its me putting things into perspective.

ive known no one to ever die from terrorism, i dont even know anyone who knows anyone. yet, everyone is afraid they will die from it. how many times have you heard of razor blades in apples on halloween? every year? check snopes, its never happened.

i dont mean to offend anyone, but people always get offended. maybe what dentful said wasnt entirely right, but it wasnt all wrong either. i got pulled over the other night at 3am, driving to the store to conquer a sunkist craving. the cop clearly told me he was looking for bad guys and i wasnt one, yet, he insisted on searching my vehicle.

blowing up an ammo can with water or with a robot isnt keeping anyone safe. its time to start telling people worrying about bombs and terrorists and al qaeda that they are going to die, but not from terrorism. more than likely from heart disease because the outdoor activity they wanted to do was prevented by people not having at least a resonable doubt. dont assume by what i just said i feel any way about conway, its citizens, law enforcement or kris allen, its just me making a statement.

another thing, about following protocol. i hear this alot lately. i heard it when the cop wouldnt transport the woman in memphis to the hospital so she died on the side of the road. i can name several instances when following protocol has caused more harm than good. i thought the whole point of us being human was that we could use better judgement. following protocol is a better way for an employer to say they didnt have faith the person could make a reasonably good choice.

again, im not trying to upset anyone. every muggle i tell about geocaching responds with, "how do you know theres not a bomb in it". to the point i have a canned response for it. i learned in school that my civil rights extended pretty far as long as they didnt infringe anyone elses civil rights. i dont think someone else having an unreasonable fear is included in that. before someone else brings up timothy mcveigh, less than 200 people were killed because of that terrible atrocity, almost 15 years ago and an estimated 15k a year die from homicide. 225,000 to 168 odds that will be shot by a murderer on the way to the ammo can bomb we are about to open that was rigged by a domestic terrorist. dont assume i support or condone any actions such as these, that i watch whale wars, that i buy sea sheperd geocoins or that i intended to start a flame war.

im a paid actor and all of this was said while in character, but hopefully its something to think about.

chadbishop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redink
    what freedoms? liberty has been eroded to such a point that i can only buy half a box of sudafed at a time, or let my son lay his head in my wifes lap while driving down the road, or smoke a cigarette. ill give you defending our freedoms in ww1 and 2, but iraq and afghanistan? even if whats going on over there is making us safer, life is not the same as freedom. many people live while enslaved, and most men who fight for freedom die. google freedom and death and youll see what i mean. try not to confuse liberty and life. i have to agree with dentful1, theres people in the service who are worthy of appreciation, theres also people who expect it. dont assume by what i just said that i feel one way or another about gun control, obama, bush, the war, the troops or government, its me putting things into perspective.

ive known no one to ever die from terrorism, i dont even know anyone who knows anyone. yet, everyone is afraid they will die from it. how many times have you heard of razor blades in apples on halloween? every year? check snopes, its never happened.

i dont mean to offend anyone, but people always get offended. maybe what dentful said wasnt entirely right, but it wasnt all wrong either. i got pulled over the other night at 3am, driving to the store to conquer a sunkist craving. the cop clearly told me he was looking for bad guys and i wasnt one, yet, he insisted on searching my vehicle.

blowing up an ammo can with water or with a robot isnt keeping anyone safe. its time to start telling people worrying about bombs and terrorists and al qaeda that they are going to die, but not from terrorism. more than likely from heart disease because the outdoor activity they wanted to do was prevented by people not having at least a resonable doubt. dont assume by what i just said i feel any way about conway, its citizens, law enforcement or kris allen, its just me making a statement.

another thing, about following protocol. i hear this alot lately. i heard it when the cop wouldnt transport the woman in memphis to the hospital so she died on the side of the road. i can name several instances when following protocol has caused more harm than good. i thought the whole point of us being human was that we could use better judgement. following protocol is a better way for an employer to say they didnt have faith the person could make a reasonably good choice.

again, im not trying to upset anyone. every muggle i tell about geocaching responds with, "how do you know theres not a bomb in it". to the point i have a canned response for it. i learned in school that my civil rights extended pretty far as long as they didnt infringe anyone elses civil rights. i dont think someone else having an unreasonable fear is included in that. before someone else brings up timothy mcveigh, less than 200 people were killed because of that terrible atrocity, almost 15 years ago and an estimated 15k a year die from homicide. 225,000 to 168 odds that will be shot by a murderer on the way to the ammo can bomb we are about to open that was rigged by a domestic terrorist. dont assume i support or condone any actions such as these, that i watch whale wars, that i buy sea sheperd geocoins or that i intended to start a flame war.

im a paid actor and all of this was said while in character, but hopefully its something to think about.
    I have read your posting several times. Personally it worried me.

I awoke at about 3:30 am to read it again. I see by your new posts that you are not really an actor afterall. I thought to myself "well that's good news" the Arts aren't in jepardy after all.

BTW chadbishop, how did you serve? I looked at your avatar and did not
    recognize the uniform. Then Bam! It hit me on this sleepless night, my younger sister wore a uniform just like that while serving in the Brownies.
    glad to know that my opinion on the fearmongering of terrorism posted on a local geocaching forum is causing you night terrors. you should lay awake trying to distinguish military and girl scouts, girl scout uniforms and pirate costumes rather than me. my life and time are not one of the things i need to "render unto caesar", i render that where im supposed to.

bluesybreeze Guest
    Ok, I hate tirades like this, but I'm jumping in there because I am confused. I saw a log by a Chad Bishop not too long ago and checked out his profile. It said that he had become a member in 2003 and the photo looked exactly like the one owned by cbsr who claims that he is a new cacher. I understand new cachers sometimes getting in over their heads. I was rescued many, many times and will probably be again. However, I don't understand the need to play games with good people heads and to start up a bunch of bunk on a really nice forum for no good reason....Also if I am totally way out of line, please feel free to blast me.

chadbishop Guest
    im cbsr joined in may, when my username was chadbishop it also said i joined in may. someone wakes up in the middle of the night to call me a brownie after i share an honest and insightful opinion and im starting a bunch of bunk with "nice people?". ive got thick skin but at no point have i attacked someones appearance or posted "inflammatory remarks". i guess ive noticed that "nice people" rather than debate a particular opinion or describe how they feel just decide to call folks names or pretend to be "offended".

chadbishop Guest
    i should have let this thread stay at the bottom. if for some reason you think youve come up with a witty comment about my hat or goatee please send it to me in a pm. i was at least somewhat on topic when i made my post.

redink Guest
    i should have let this thread stay at the bottom. if for some reason you think youve come up with a witty comment about my hat or goatee please send it to me in a pm. i was at least somewhat on topic when i made my post.
    PM sent. I told chadbishop I would retract my post .