Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conway Bomb Squad makes another find

Great! I will call tomorrow! Thanks!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

Bruce,

Thank you for volunteering to show Bart "the ropes", and your service to geocaching and ArkGeo!

And Bart,

I'm sure that Bruce (QuartzCachers) will be a great ambassador for geocaching! Thanks to you also, Bart, for joining our website and joining the discussion. Let us know how else we can help.

Frank Philpott
    President, Arkansas Geocachers Association (ArkGeo)
    aka Old River Runner
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I am looking forward to the meeting tomorrow and I want to help the police and fire department in any way I can. I have several friends on the CFD and I know some of the police officers as well. I feel confident that we can work out some guidelines that will allow cachers to continue to hide and seek caches and stay out of the their way.

We also are planning to meet with as many local cachers as possible on Tuesday evening, Jan. 27, at 7 at the Pizza Inn on Hogan to go over the guidelines for placing caches in Conway.

flannelman Guest
    Hey I gotta say that till I saw CFDChief's post I thought Conway was just getting hostile toward geocaching like Sherwood did a few years ago. I'm glad to see that I was wrong. If you go on a day that I can fit into my schedule I'll tag along with you and Bruce to show you what we do. As Bruce said, we had a great time in Conway from daylight to dark finding caches with my kids. I went to places in Conway I have never seen before and probably never would have gone to otherwise. I hate to see this happen to the larger caches because those are the ones the kids love so much. It is almost like Christmas to my kids when they get to dig through an ammo can full of toys. I'm sure you will be able to work something out that will be accetable to everyone involved.

Thanks,
    Will Pumphrey

I just can't resist. I have to post this LINK.

I wonder if that turnip was actually a geocache.

I never thought of using a turnip but maybe now we will see one along the trail.

Thanks for the link.

This was funny and The jokes on them.

Our meeting was very productive. We learned a lot about how the PD and FD/Bomb Squad do their job. We talked about ways we can help each other out.

Our biggest responsibility as cachers is to try and make and place our caches in a way so that they never even have to be called out in the first place. Then on an occasion when they are called out they have a way to check and verify that what is being reported is a geocache.

I urge Conway-area cachers to come to the meeting on Tuesday evening at 7 at Pizza Inn on Hogan so that we can discuss what was talked about today. The FD hopes to have a representative from the Bomb Squad there to help answer questions.

I was glad that I was able to attend the meeting today between members of AGA and the Conway officials. I feel very encouraged about the way things went. It seemed as though they were genuinely interested in keeping the caching here in town.

They didn't come in with an attitude of our way or no way. They came in trying to come up with a viable solution for both parties. That had me feeling good and I think that everyone else should feel good about it too.

These guys were just trying to do the job set before them and we should all be thankful to them for it. They do a job I am glad I don't have. In that line of work, there is very little room for error. So let's remember that and try to see things from their side of the fence too.

The geocaching is still fun here. It will be fun here in the future as long as we remember to work with them and not against them.

QC, If you need a local Conway guide to get you and the chief around town, I would LOVE to help. We have a big car too, seating for 8. Let me know because I would LOVE to tag along and break in a new cacher with you.

I will end my rambling now.

Chris
    CPDenton

I spoke with the Chief today, and he tells me that the police chief is interested in going now too. That is great! I can't wait. I'm hoping for next Saturday. We'll see how the chief's schedules work out, and I'll let everyone know.
    I really feel that this is going in a positive direction now!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

Yesterday (Friday 1-23) Sioux-ZQ and I made a trip to Conway to do some caching. It was a great evening. I went to college in Conway and it still seems somewhat like my hometown. We found about 20 caches, had a great meal at Old Chicago and revisited some familar spots. In short we enjoyed a great hobby and a evening in a great town. I am very encouraged that the crisis is over for Geocaching in Conway and good times are ahead.
    Congratulations and thanks to those who took the lead to start the dialogue that is so promising.