Thread: Grand Prairie Museum cache

Grand Prairie Museum cache

I drove over to Stuttgart yesterday to hunt the new Grand Prairie Museum cache by LadyEngineer and Strider869. It was fantastic. Even if your are not interested in the agriculture industry, the museum is well worth the trip. Although geared towards agriculture, it also contains antiques of all types. Old cars and trucks, antique clothing, furnishings, toys, and lots more. Something of interest to just about everyone.
    One section of the museum is dedicated to ducking hunting. They have a large display of wooden duck decoys and duck calls and they can simulate an early morning duck hunt that will make you feel like you are sitting in your blind on the edge of a field calling in the green heads. It is a fabulous place.
    Oh yea, the cache was good too. Actually, the cache was just great. I love caches like this that make you HAVE to learn something and each stage was in a great location. This one is a must do cache. Thank you LE and Strider for a great cache in a great location. It was just outstanding.

LadyEngineer Guest

Thanks

Thanks Woodwalker9 for such a wonderful review. I did work hard on that one, but I thought it needed to be worth the trip since it's the only cache in the area. I didn't want anyone to feel it was waste of time to go do this one. I'm glad you enjoyed it. My favorite part of that museum is the early morning duck hunt and the old school house/church/cabin.

Thanks again for the wonderful words.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    I left Morrilton about 1:00 pm today thinking I had just enough time to stop at NRCS for a Travel Bug swap and then go on to Stuttgart to spend a couple hours at the Grand Prairie Museum and grab that cache. I had hurriedly grabbed everything I needed to get away by 1:00. When I got to Lonoke I discovered I had not brought the cache page printouts. I knew it would be useless to hunt that cache without the printout so I decided to just hunt all the caches in Lonoke with the coordinates only which I had downloaded. No hints, no knowledge of the containers - just coordinates.

I said all that to say this. Lady Engineer, or anyone that goes there, you might print out extra copies of the cache description and leave them at the desk of the museum. With the knowledge that they had them, I would have gone on.

I was so disappointed. About 40 years ago I worked one year making deliveries primarily to Newport, Stuttgart and West Helena. I wanted to see again those golden ripe rice fields. I'm sure it'll all be harvested before I get another chance to go there. Oh well. There's always next year.

LadyEngineer Guest

Great idea

I sure wish you had stopped in at the NRCS bug motel because it is right outside my office window and I was there until 2:30 yesterday. (My usual schedule is 6:00 to 2:30 M-F) I would have very gladly printed out any cache page you needed. You can also find me wondering outside by this cache or across the street a lot of times when I get a call on my cell phone and that just happened to be the case yesterday. I hate that I missed you.

I will get extra pages printed off and get them to the ladies that so sweetly work the museum as soon as I can. When I do, I will post it on the cache page. Thanks for the idea.

You said a guy was at the chamber of commerce office at the Depot? Did you get his name? I've only seen the ladies that work there. I will go there Monday and also provide them with some extra cache pages also.

Thanks Geezer for the suggestions. There are still many unhavested rice fields and they haven't touched the soybeans yet.