Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: County Challenge

I finally got the squirrels to get my batteries charged to run such a complicated program in GSAK. And I was surprised by the results.
    Conway County has 284 Active caches and 2 disabled.
    I hope that is correct, the squirrels were getting tried after many attempts.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Dentful1 Guest
    Time to trade in the squirrels for something more powerful and yet more efficient. You might want to try the Norway Rat. They eat anything you give them, not just nuts like a squirrel and the rat gets bigger.

We are going to be near 500 by April I hope here in Johnson county, I have 20 containers just about ready to go, and working on building 20 more... Here we go....

I'm learning a lot more about GSAK while trying to find these numbers. There are 61 active geocaches in Polk County.

I can't believe they have almost twice the amount we do! That is just intolerable. We're going to have to do something about that.

As of this afternoon there are 339 active caches in Pulaski County.
    One cache at a time!

Thanks to some help from *TnT* I finally learned how to do several things with GSAK. IF I did it correct here is some stats from my latest PQs of Arkansas:

There are a total of 5023 Active Caches in Arkansas

4664 Traditional 92.9%
    170 Multi 3.4%
    142 Mystery/Puzzle 2.8%
    22 Virtual .4%
    14 Letterbox .3%
    7 Earthcaches .1%
    2 Event .0%
    1 Web Cam .0%
    1 Wherigo .0%

85 active caches in Logan County or 1.7 % of Arkansas Caches

In case you have missed it the next Arkansas now has a County Challenge. Here is the link:
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-09a06efebfe1

For those of you wanting a FTF on this one, don't worry Woodwalker is the cache owner and will not be grabbing FTF on it.
    I am 5 counties away from it and you guessed it they are spread all over the state. Gas is cheap right now! Wheels turning
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thank you for the link. I'm now exited again. Didn't know this existed, but my bookmark is already prepared for such a day. Looks like I need to get the cachemobile gased up to finish!!!

Thanks for bringing that challenge to our attention. We've got a long way to go, but I think I'll start bookmarking some caches now.

I just set up my list of County Caches and I only have 23, so I have a long way to go. I am planning on doing the State Parks, Delorme, and The County Challenge all at the same time, hopefully in the next couple of months. So, if anyone can think of another challenge that involves driving all over the state, please post it soon.