Thread: Magellan Display at Wal-Mart

Magellan Display at Wal-Mart

I noticed at the Morrilton Wal-Mart they have a Magellan GPSr display set up and have some of their cheaper models for sale. I haven't noticed Wal-Mart carrying much more than just the most basic Garmin handhelds. I don't know much about Magellans but I bet we see a few new geocachers using them after Christmas.

Yea, they are definitely bringing some bling to the handheld gps world. The 499 model comes with 2megapixil camera, sd slot, electronic compass, barometer, speaker, microphone(for recording sound), and a music player when you upload tunes on your sd card. I personally like the Garmin series better, but I have not had a chance to play with a Colorado. Either way, we should have some nifty business cards or wood coins mad up to dump all over the state so newbies can log on and find us.

clown4u Guest

Magellan GPS

I would be weary of the Magellan GPS. We had one and it lasted one year, exactly! When we contacted Magellan they agreed it was under warranty and asked us to send it in. That is when the fun started. We sent it registered mail. They signed for it. It sat in a warehouse awaiting delivery to be repaired, for 3 months. We called often about it, and received a variety of excuses. They do not have a phone number which will reach a person in the USA, you get to speak to people in India. They also do the repairs in India. That would be fine, except, we never got it back! After a year we gave-up and bought a Garmin.

Now that Magellan has sold their consumer line I don't know what to expect from them. Maybe their legendary bad customer service will improve.