Thread: The World Explorer's Quest on The Caching Place

The World Explorer's Quest on The Caching Place

I have visited The Caching Place web site several times and I have even bought some geocoins from them. They have also donated to the Paris event every year.

Today they started a new game on their web site called "The World Explorer's Quest". They have had games in the past that incorporate caching, but this game is only played online by deciphering secret messages that will tell you where to "click" on a map grid to go to the next puzzle. I just completed the first secret message and correctly clicked on the right location on the map in 10 minutes. If you click on the wrong spot there is a time penalty.

I thought I would share the game here for anyone interested.

Here are a couple of links, the first tells about the code used, the second is the page for the game itself.

About the pig pen code.

The World Explorer's Quest Game Page

Their first four games, which they called coin quests were quite possibly the most fun we've ever had geocaching. They required you to find caches that fit specific criteria.

The games can still be played, although you'll not be able to win any of the prizes they awarded when the games were new.