Thread: Call for Help for Boy Scout Expo in Conway April 25

Call for Help for Boy Scout Expo in Conway April 25

The Foothills District (Faulkner, Conway, Van Buren & Perry Counties) is having their annual Scout Expo on Saturday, April 25 from 9-2. In addition to Scout groups there will be several other groups from the area promoting their activities.

We'd like to have the Arkansas Geocachers Association there to promote Geocaching. We'll have our canopy & tables there with some brochures and we'd like some folks to come out and man the table, maybe set up a few temporary caches to let the Scouts and visitors find.

Woodwalker has agreed to be there. I'll be able to help out some, but I'll have to spend most of my time with my Scout troop. If you can come help please post a note here. Even if you can only come for part of the day that would be good too.

Below is more info on the Expo:

Foothills District Boy Scout Expo 2009

Saturday, April 25
    9:00 am - 2:00 pm
    Old Faulkner County Fairgrounds
    Robins Street, Conway AR

Free Admission! Exhibits by many Foothills District Scout Units

Plus National Guard climbing wall, Conway Fire and Police
    Departments, Arkansas Geological Commission, Army Reserve - Humvees
    Geocaching And much more!!!!!

Come see what today's Boy Scouting is all about and have some great Family fun!!

Bumping this one back up.

After having the chance to help with the Boy Scout event at Fort Chaffee earlier this month I would love to be able to help with this event, but I am afraid I will not be able to do so.

I would hope some others out there would step up and help with this.

When we did the event at Fort Chaffee there were only four of us and it took all four of us to do it. It also wore us out. It would be great if there were plenty that would help so it is not as much work for only a couple of people.

My trip to Texas got canceled, so it looks like I'll be able to help, at least until noon, maybe even later. I should have the new display table with me, too!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

My wife won't be happy about it but I am trying to work it out so I will be there to help out. I will let you know as soon as I know for sure.

Q Guest
    busy x 2.

Bet the troop I am involved with wishes I would go also

We went out and scouted the area and it looks like we'll have room for some micros but probably not a lot of room for more than one large cache. Still don't know how many visitors to expect. There will be a 4-H cattle show and baseball games/practices going on at the fairgrounds at the same time. So we are hoping for some overflow from those events.

Tim