Thread: Schhools and Geocaching

Phantom_491 Guest

Schhools and Geocaching

I went to my son's (Squirrel21309) Open house the other night. While visiting his Physical Science Class, the teacher was talking about all the things they were going to cover, and she mentioned GPSs. We looked at each other and laughed. The teacher asked if I used GPSs & I told her about geocaching. She asked for my name and number, I also gave her the GC Website.

I'm not sure when they'll be discussing it in class. If they go on a hunt, I might need a little help and some extra GPSs. I'll keep everyone posted.

This could be a good way to introduce caching to a lot of muggles.

LadyEngineer Guest

I'll help

I'll help. I was just at Northwood Middle School Monday (9-13-04) doing GPS and it's uses in Agriculture for all the 8th grade science classes, so I'd love to help.

I am putting together a generic presentation for others in the office to use now because of it and when I get it done your welcome to a copy of it too.

Keep me posted.

This is awesome! LadyE, I work at the school in front of Northwood and my class is going to do a writing project using travel bugs, then springboard from that to map where our bugs go! We have a Cato stuffed owl we are going to begin with as a class TB. I would love to put out a class cache, maybe do a field trip to do the placement, I'm not sure. My son goes to Northwood, but he is in 7th grade and was recently discussing latitude/longitude. The next day, his geography class received the coordinates of the driveway from us as well as the coordinates of Sonic! (And altitude)
    Isn't this great?