Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expanding cache .... best source for ammo can?

dd1968 Guest

Expanding cache .... best source for ammo can?

I am planning to expand my "Emily's Hidden Treasure" cache in Maumelle and I am seeking an ammo can to replace the small Rubbermade container that I am using now. A small ammo can will do but a .50 cal would be okay also. Anyone have a recommendation for where to find ammo cans or something similar for a low cost?

Thanks,

Dan (dd196

TheRascals Guest
    I was in Attwods at Arkadelphia a couple of weeks ago. They had a pile of them for $4.

Between Glenwood and Hot Springs there is a scrap dealer who had quite few for $1.00 each. You will have to sort thru and pick out this ones you want, but it well worth it for a $1. You will need to do some painting on them, they look pretty rough on the outside, but are very clean on the inside.
    Here is a cache that is at the guys house.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... be13d8cc08

You can also try an army surplus store. The last time I checked the store North of Greenbrier on Hwy 65 the 50 cals were $4.50 and 30 cal was $3.50. I don't know how far you are willing to go? Bennets downtown Little Rock is higher.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

dd1968 Guest
    Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions.

I called Bennett's in downtown LR and they sell ammo cans for around $10 per. I think that I'll be making the road trip to Glenwood or Greenbrier...

ShadowCachers Guest
    I can get them for free. I have about 10 right now. I'm located in Ward

Free sounds good.
    Tell me where. I need a couple to give as Event gifts.
    Even $1.00 sounds good.

For free eh? I can see the joy in the eyes of fellow geocachers all over as they see a beat up old tin can under the tree with a pretty ribbon wrapped all around and topped off with an exquisite bow. Here in Russellville I have a hard time finding ammo cans as well. Everytime were up around the Greenbrier area, the surplus shop is closed.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

dd1968 Guest
    Pool Military Surplus just north of Greenbrier turned out to be an awesome store! Genuine military surplus goods at reasonable prices along with new stuff. .30 ammo cans were $4 and $5. .50 ammo cans were $5. Plenty in stock when we were there and everything in great condition. Nice people running the place too.

I see too that you can buy from Pool online:

http://shop.arkansasarmy.com

On the site they show a 6 piece lot of .30 ammo cans for $18.

JodyC_GoHogs Guest
    I just purchased a 50cal can this weekend for $10 at Bennett's in downtown Little Rock.

majii Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyC_GoHogs
    I just purchased a 50cal can this weekend for $10 at Bennett's in downtown Little Rock.
    And we expect you to put that out in the near future.