Thread: Tips and Tricks..Urban Caching

Tips and Tricks..Urban Caching

As some of you may know I keep a blog. I'm slowly tweaking it to be a sort of geo-news from around the state type of blog. This will be relevant in a minute.

On a recent trip to Fort Smith my family and I decided to grab a couple of quick geocaches while we were there. Being so close to the holidays, both caches were absolutely infested with muggles. One cache location was actually hidden on a signpost at an intersection with nowhere to pull over, no sidewalk, and absolutely nothing around at all except of course the hundreds of cars moving up and down the very busy road.

After finding that cache I thought it would be entertaining and even helpful to write an article about tips and tricks cachers use to be stealthy. So what do you do to hide your hunt from muggles?

mountainborn Guest
    Great topic OEnav ! I need some tips on how to hide a 200+ pound redneck in full camo ! He, he. I guess that the old, "on the cell phone" ploy might not be enough in most urban situations ! We were in a Hospital parking lot in Eldorado Ar., yesterday, finding a skirt lifter micro, when I noticed that the security camera on a pole was swinging around to focus on us. By the way we found our third PATHTAG in the micro ! The path tag was a cool one from a FEMA worker out of Lousiana.