Thread: Things to Do In Arkansas During the Christmas Holidays!

Things to Do In Arkansas During the Christmas Holidays!

• Celebration of Christmas Lights: 11/30 thru 1/1/09.....Saline County Courthouse, Benton. Free [/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Burn’s Park Holiday Lights - 12/1 thru 12/30…..6pm – 10pm nightly
      $5 per car, $10 per multipassenger car, $20 for buses. [/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Dashin' Thru the Lights December 13, 2008 - The NLR Parks and Rec. Dept. will host the 5th Annual Dashin' Thru the Lights on Saturday, December 13, 2008 from 5:15p.m.-6:15p.m. This fun dash is a chance to get out with family and friends and dash/run/walk or stroll though the Holiday Lights in Burns Park, normally a drive-thru only display. The display is 1 mile in length. Participants can even bring their leached pets. There is a $5 per person or $10 per family fee to participate, which will benefit the NLR Parks and Rec. youth programs. [/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Sherwood Christmas Light Display - 6pm – 10pm nightly - Donation requested at the end of the light trail. [/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Caroling in the Forest - December 13th.....7 PM - 8:30 PM - Pinnacle Mountain State Park, Kingfisher Trail. Meet at the Kingfisher Trailhead for an easy, 1/4-mile stroll into the forest along a paved path. The path is stroller and wheelchair-friendly. Wear warm clothes, bring a flashlight and your best singing voice.
      Admission: Free. For more information, call 501-868-5806 [/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • ASO Family Holiday Concert - December 13th.....7:30pm, North Little Rock High School East Campus -Info: 666-8816[/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Caroling In The Forrest - December 13th 7pm.....Pinnacle Mtn. State Park - Free[/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Santa at the Clinton Center - December 13th.....11 AM - 1 PM
      The William J. Clinton Presidential Center Welcomes Santa (and Mrs.) Claus! Children of all ages will be treated to a free picture with Santa. Santa will be seated in the lobby. [/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Radio City Christmas Spectacular: The Rockettes December 17th & 18th at Alltel Arena. 4pm & 7pm each day. Tickets: $26.75-$60.75.[/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • ASO Yuletide Spectacular/Deck The Halls Children's Fair - December 19th.....8pm / December 20th.....2pm & 8pm. Tix: 666-1761 [/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Holiday Tour of Lights - December 22nd & 23rd.....6pm / Cost: $2.....must preregister. Call 982-0818[/*:m:2ij2l27y]
    • Trans-Siberian Orchestra - December 26th at Alltel Arena
      Show time: 3pm and 8pm. Tickets: $32.75-$62.75. [/*:m:2ij2l27y]

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Thanks for starting this thread, Wayne!

The Sherwood lights are located at Sherwood Forest across from the NLR Airport. If you visit them, please notice in the program that we have an angel in the "Field of Angels" in memory of markrocksinheavennow. (Course, his real name had to be used instead of his handle!)

Thanks, ya'll!
    Beth aka topkitty98
    markrocksinheavennow aka Mark Clement Daniel

=^..^=

Team_Pink Guest
    If you haven't seen the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, you have missed a great show!

There is a Tim Ernst presentation the school in Dover, AR tomorrow (Friday 12th). I think it start at 6, but you can check out his website to get the exact info.

Bethlehem Revisited, Dec. 10-12 6:30-8:30 p.m. each night at Antioch Baptist Church, 150 Amity Rd., Conway (just off I-40). The little town of Bethlehem is recreated complete with shops, foods, animals and costumed townsfolk that visitors can walk through and experience first hand. Admission is free. Great for kids and adults.

If you haven't checked out Garvan Gardens in Hot Springs, you are missing out. The Christmas lights through the gardens are in a word, SPECTACULAR! I'm not the particularly artsy fartsy type, but this is worth the trip. There is also a G scale (that's the big one) model train setup there for Christmas, if there are any other train lovers out there. Besides, there is of course a cache at the gate.
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

• Conway Christmas Parade at 6 p.m. Saturday. The theme of this year's parade will be "The Boogie, Woogie, Christmas Train." For more information contact Chad Peterson at 277-9005.[/*:m:1f6ckl1a]
    • Conway's Festival of Light is ongoing from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. through Dec. 27. Admission is $5 per car, $25 for a season pass, and $60 for a Holiday Festival of Light Membership. A Membership will include a season pass, Long Sleeve Festival T-shirt, and 10 percent off all concessions. The festival will take place at Centennial Bank Soccer Park at 1200 Trey Lane in Conway. For more information, contact Jim Rhodes at 470-6640.[/*:m:1f6ckl1a]
    • CeCe Winans: A Holiday Show is set for 8 p.m. on Dec. 12 at the Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville. Grammy award-winner CeCe Winans will perform a joyful and energetic holiday concert filled with inspirational rhythm and blues and gospel music. Admission ranges from $20 to $45.[/*:m:1f6ckl1a]
    • Birding Lake Tour - Lake Charles State Park in Powhatan will host a Birding Lake Tour on Saturday. Spend the morning on Lake Charles searching for the feathered creatures that call the area home. Don't forget your binoculars. For more information, phone 870-878-6595 or visit www.ArkansasStateParks.com.[/*:m:1f6ckl1a]
    • 24th annual Candy Cane Lane - This event will light up Pocahontas from Dec. 18-24. The town's Maple Street becomes Candy Cane Lane as neighborhood houses and lawns are decorated for the holiday season. To learn more, contact the Randolph County Tourism Association at 870-892-2269 or visit www.SeeRandolphCounty.com.[/*:m:1f6ckl1a]
    • 3rd annual Holiday Home and Lights Tour - Calico Rock will host this tour on Saturday. Homes and businesses (decked out in their holiday finery) in Calico Rock will be featured in the tour. To learn more about the tour, phone 870-291-8899 or log on to www.CalicoRocket.org.[/*:m:1f6ckl1a]
    • 13th annual Lights of the Delta - This event will be held in Blytheville's Arkansas Aeroplex through Dec. 27. With six million lights and 36 major displays on 40 acres, Lights of the Delta is one of the largest lighting festivals in the mid-south. Hayrides are available each night. Live music and a live nativity scene will be presented on select nights throughout the festival. For more details, visit www.LightsoftheDelta.com.[/*:m:1f6ckl1a]
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile