Thread: Hats Off

Hats Off

Our are off to two south Arkansas cachers -- Allenearl58 and mbquart1, who also place caches as GeoStashers. They have placed 238 caches and found 363 caches. What a fine hide ratio -- 65%. Their caches are mostly in Ouachita and Union counties. They are both fairly new to the geocaching game but they have already caught on that you have to give back to the game as well, not just find caches. They told us they plan to place more caches. If other cachers would place even a fraction of that 65% ratio, what a game this would be in Arkansas!

Wow....thats alot of caches. I think for me to afford to run and check all those caches would require some type of alternative fuel vehicle or perhaps a good horse. Congrats on the hides, hopefully we'll clear out our area first and then head over to work on yours sometime.

Thanks, rklmbl for starting this thread.
    They have done a bang up job down in that part of the world. I had no idea about the numbers or the cache to find ratio. I would be placing a lot more cache just to get to 10%, I thought I had a lot hidden but my percentage is low because I have been just finding them lately.
    I am trying to write good logs for each cache of theirs that I found, just to show that I do appreciate what they are doing for geocaching in their part of the state. If everyone just found caches nobody hide them we would not have near as many caches as we do in the Arkansas.

How many of you cachers don’t have a CITO under your belt?
    That is another way to give back, May 2, 3 we should have a CITO and everyone should participate no matter how old or young.YOU CAN DO SOMETHING!
    Ar-Hick
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Yes, they certainly have been busy! I have made several trips to that part of the world, and every time I have gone, it seems that there are new caches to be found. Their efforts have greatly assisted me on my 100 caches a month finding spree for the year. If not for these guys, I don't know if it would have been possible.
    I really need to get some new ones out as well.
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

bluesybreeze Guest
    That is an amazing amount of caches. I would love to get into some of those! Sounds like a spring break thing.

Since we are on to this thread what is a good cache hide to find ratio? What are the general thoughts on that?