Thread: Log Maximizer

Log Maximizer

OENavigator posted this on a thread in the Northwest Arkansas Cachers Forums and I thought I would post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    I was reading the GC forums and came across a thread about this script Log maximizer. It is awesome!

You can add a smiley to your log with just a click and it even has an insert hyperlink button. It also keeps track of how many characters you have left remaining in your log. It does more but I'm still figuring it out.

You'll of course have to be using Firefox and have the Greasemonkey add-on installed (found that out the hard way ). Check it out.
    I installed it and I really like the way it works. The main thing I like is that everything is within view on the screen without having to scroll down to see the stuff at the bottom. There are probably some other uses for it but I will have to tinker with it a little to see what all it will do. Like OENavigator said you have to be using Firefox and install the Greasemonkey add-on first.

When you check out the Log Maximizer website be sure to click on all of the different scripts on the left side of the screen. There are some very useful things there. I installed 7 of them. My favorites are the Add Waypoint Finder and Gallery Enhancer.

I just can't believe this stuff has been around so long and I am just now hearing about it. I guess I need to spend a little more time on the GC Forums.

Thanks for the heads up on this, these plug ins are awesome!! Guess there is a lot out there I never knew about, but these really make things a lot easier and FUN!

I finally got a chance to use the log maximizer and it was incredible. The gallery script is fantastic also. I don't know how I got along without these.

I just thought I would bump this thread back to the top. I have had several people ask about my colored logs lately. Has anyone else found any of it useful? I now have a total of 15 scripts set up on both my home computer and my laptop. They have made logging my finds a lot faster and easier and I love the VIP List feature that I discovered on another site. If anyone needs help installing any of this stuff just PM or email me. Give it a try, you'll like it.

What's crazy is that this stuff has been out there for years and we have not been using it.

My daughter calls me a nerd all the time. I think I may be turning into one. I have learned more about computers through geocaching than I had ever learned in the past. And I thought I was pretty computer savvy back then.

I like the greasemonkey script that puts a gc searchbox on each page of the website. I use it all the time.