Thread: List of County Park Permissions?

WVKiwi Guest

List of County Park Permissions?

Hello!
    I apologize if this is already somewhere on this site, and I'm just missing it, but I'm wondering does AGA maintain any master list of permission information? I found the policy for hides in Arkansas state parks, but is there any collected information about county/city park policies? I know some geocaching organizations maintain such listings, others don't -- but I'm in the beginning stages of helping a relative plan a hide in Fayetteville, and as I myself am not local to the area, I'm trying to find out what local policies, if any, already exist. For instance: are there any areas where blanket permission is already given? Parks where caches have been forbidden? Or any other such local guidelines?

Thanks!

No, unfortunately there is no master list maintained here. If there is a cache already hidden in the park where you are planning om placing your cache you could contact that cache owner and ask from whom the permission was given.

You could also post the question over in the Northwest Arkansas Cachers forum.

Hope that helps and good luck with your hide.

I recommend that you contact the Fayetteville geocacher Cardinal. He has been hiding caches for a long time in NWA and has several hides in Fayetteville parks. I don't know his email address, but I'm sure that you can just contact him through his profile on Geocaching.com.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

The only place I know of that is definitely out of bounds is the Pinnacle Hills Promenade mall in Rogers.

WVKiwi Guest
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions so far. I'll definitely follow on a couple of them.

kittzle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TnT
    The only place I know of that is definitely out of bounds is the Pinnacle Hills Promenade mall in Rogers.
    The NWA Mall in Fayetteville is off limits too... I got in trouble once for just walking a puppy in their parking lot once, heaven forbid it pee in their bushes in the middle of the parking lot... I was told to either put it back in my truck or leave because I was on private property.