Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWFM V - May 2nd, 2009

WWFM V - May 2nd, 2009

I listened to show 192.0 of Podcacher today. They had a summary of all the World Wide Flash Mob IV events and announced that WWFM V will take place on Saturday, May 2nd, 2009.

I have not had a chance to attend a WWFM yet, but hope to next time.

I might even have to see about hosting one here in the Arkansas river valley.

bluesybreeze Guest
    Hey, I'll help. I haven't made it to one yet and I'd love to. Let's get one organized.

I still haven't made one either. I am looking forward to one I can attend. The River Valley would be great!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

flannelman Guest
    Maybe it's just me but I just don't get it. Ya'll have fun though.

ShadowCachers Guest
    I hosted the WWFM IV in Jacksonville and I can help if you need it. I thought about hosting another one myself. Had a great time! Let me know if I can help.

bluesybreeze Guest
    I'm going to take the "plunge" and host one...it's going to involve rubber duckies and a public water fountain. I was going to require everyone to wear a PFD (personal floation device), but I've been overruled on that one. It would be a little difficult to handle. Anyway, I'm trying for Clarksville. There's a really nice fountain at U of O, but I'll have to get permission. I'll keep you posted and I'll post the cache as soon as I can iron out the details.

kittzle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesybreeze
    I'm going to take the "plunge" and host one...it's going to involve rubber duckies and a public water fountain. I was going to require everyone to wear a PFD (personal floation device), but I've been overruled on that one. It would be a little difficult to handle. Anyway, I'm trying for Clarksville. There's a really nice fountain at U of O, but I'll have to get permission. I'll keep you posted and I'll post the cache as soon as I can iron out the details.
    **loves rubber duckies**
    I so wish I could be there for this one!!! Too bad I just ordered tickets to see a show in OKC that day

I have a "geo-duck" in my truck, picked him up in a cache in Ozark. He has a compass on his belly, makes sure I'm going the right way, lol.

bluesybreeze Guest
    Well,

It's a scrub-out on the rubber duckies and the Flash Mob Event Hosting for me. I just found out that the Annual Social and Cito will be taking place that same weekend. There's no way I can miss that one. If anyone wants to use the idea, or wants some help planning this WWFM. I will help out, but on May 2 I will have to be at the Social and the next day at the Cito. It was such a blast last year. I don't think they have decided on a location yet. Last year it was at Lake Catherine State Park.

This is bad planning on somebody's part, having three major events the same weekend. But, I guess that for those who can't make the annual event, a Flash Mob and / or CITO would be the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesybreeze
    I just found out that the Annual Social and Cito will be taking place that same weekend.
    I assume that you are talking about the ArkGeo annual meeting. This is news to me about the date being moved to May 2. It should have been scheduled for the weekend of June 6. I am checking with the rest of the Board to find out what they know about this, as there has not been a proposal to us to move the date.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen