Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Blowing Cave Bonus Cache

majii Guest
    Thanks for the info, ShadowCachers. My brother and a friend of his are coming in from Texas as well, but they both were with the group I found it with previously, so they'll also serve as guides. I believe that the "D" in JJED may be coming with us as well. Anybody else?

Dentful1 Guest
    Do to unforseen circumstances I, Dentful1, will not be able to make this trip that has been in the works for months. Just when you think you have all of the ducks lined up in a row a big ole fox jumps out and grabs one. I was really really really really wanting to do this one. I will have to make plans with somebody else in the very near future and possibly go all the way to the end of the cave. I will have to see what things are in store for us in August or early September for a run up there.

Sorry Majii.

chadbishop Guest
    id love to make the trip if you guys would have me. im able to provide my own transportation and my friend, txbmc would probably want to come too.

ShadowCachers Guest
    Come on out. I'm meeting WoodWalker and KD5JNL at Walmart in Searcy tomorrow morning around 745am to gather a few things before we venture tot he cave.

Is Woodwalker going too? I would love to go but I don't get off until 08:00 in the morning and it is exactly 191 miles from where I sit now. Guess maybe I'll try to make the next one.

ShadowCachers Guest
    I dont think were going in until 1030 I here. You should come on out Arkfiremedic

chadbishop Guest
    noooooooooo! i figured it was tomorrow morning. i should have checked this thread earlier. dont plan on seeing me i had alot to do tonight and am just now heading to bed. good luck guys. looking forward to hearing all about the adventure on the forums.

That was 191 miles as the crow flies. Much, much longer by car. I would love to go but I'm afraid I will have to wait until the next trip. Thank you for the invite though. I'm a little confused about the previous post, it is today at 10:30 a.m. isn't it?

ShadowCachers Guest
    Right now its 1238 and I have no idea how I'm even awake after completing the Blowing Cacve cache. There are no words to explain the adventure we had today. I always thought I was closterfobic or how ever you spell that word and never thought I would even try this cache. The cache will challenge you in more way then one. This cache was on my list of thing to see and do before I move in Nov and it was well worth it. I want to thank our great guides for the fantastic day. I still dont know how I did because after 100 yards my mind was trying to find a reason to turn back. There is one guy I mean child I want to give alot of credit for and thats ShadowHound. He is only 8 years old and he tackled Blowing Cave. 8 years old and never done anything remotely close to this ever. Not once did he get scared. I'm still amazed that he did it. So pround on my son Zach. If it wasnt for him I proubly wouldn't have been able to do it. Zach even passed up on a birthday party for his best friend to go their with me for this amazing cache. All I had to say was WoodWalker was going to be there and that he got to wear his own light on his head. Man we had such a great time. I also want to thank the great WoodWalker who stayed outside the cacve and waited for our return. He had a camping grill cooking hot dogs for us to eat when we returned. man I'm still pumped from this cache. This cache is a must do!!!!!

KD5JNL Guest
    First of all I have to thank Majii and Jinx1(and muggle friend Daniel) for helping us to the cache. This is not for just anyone. I remember one spot crawling on my back for about 30 ft. with rock 6 in. from my nose(kinda like a MRI machine). One spot along the way you had water up to your neck and rock 1 in from the top of your head. I do remember saying a little prayer asking god to let me get back through that spot so I didn't get stuck down there. It is definitely an adrenaline rush! Woodwalker is the greatest. He knew he wouldn't be able to do the cache, but he was there to support us. My hats off to you my friend! We have photo, I'll try to get posted soon. I'm 46 now and have to say this is one adventure in life I'll always look back on. Just a side note we heard a rummor that the property is for sale, so who knows what the future holds for this cache.