Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarksville/Fort Smith Caching Trip.

Howlingmoon Guest

Clarksville/Fort Smith Caching Trip.

I'm planning a trip to Fort Smith and Clarksville on the 15th (through at least the 18th), starting with the Van Buren Breakfast Event. If anyone lives in, or will be in, the area during those days and wants to team up for some caching, let me know. I'm always looking for a partner in crime, and maybe some nudges for the harder difficulties, since I'm coming from so far away for a possible one time (for a very long time) trip. My goal tis to get as close to 500 total finds (not 500 on tis trip! LOL); I'm currently at 302. lol

bluesybreeze Guest
    I'm in Clarksville and I'm on for the Van Buren event. Sounds like some serious fun! I've been out of it for a while and I'm really itching to get some more caches.

We will be glad to help you. Always love meeting new geocachers and visiting with old friends we have met on the trails. Send an email and we'll give you phone numbers if you are interested.

Hey Moonie!

I'll just bet that if you take rklmbl up on the offer, you can EASILY make 500 on that trip! (Course, you may be a little tired when it's over . . .)

Have fun!

Howlingmoon Guest
    I sent the PM but, haven't heard back yet. lol

Now I'm hoping my car doesn't act up anymore. On the way to the WWFM in Bella Vista, it started acting funny. I pulled off and looked under the hood but, couldn't figure out what was going on. It didn't act up the rest of the way there or back home, so who knows.

Howlingmoon Guest
    I have since spoken to both RKLMBL and Bluesy through emails.

I have PQ's running every day through the rest of the week for Fort Smith, Van Buren, Conway, and Clarksville.

I have a room reserved at the Best Western in Clarksville for the night of the 18th.

I have most of the puzzle and mystery caches figured out, or close to it for the four sets of PQ's I've downloaded.

My gas tank's nearly full, good enough for the start of the trip.

My plans have changed a little since the original planning started a week or two ago. Now I'm leaving Friday morning as soon as (or within a couple hours) I wake up, driving down to Fort Smith/Van Buren to do some caching Friday. I'll sleep in my car near the Van Buren Breakfast location. As soon as the Breakfast event tis over, I'm heading over to Conway to make it to the ArkGeo Eat and Greet going on there. After that, I'll probably cache around Conway for a while, then head to Clarksville where I plan to spend the majority of the entire trip.

My current plan tis to come home sometime Wednesday, the 19th. I'm at 305 finds right now, and want to get as close to 500 as I can on tis trip, with 500 being the ultimate goal by the end of the year.

I can't wait for the trip, and I know I am so not going to be able to sleep for the next few days, much less Thursday night. LOL

That sounds like a good plan.
    If I can help in any way, I will.
    It will be good to finally meet you and Maybe I can help you out if you decide to stop in Morrilton for a few.
    Sending PM.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Howlingmoon Guest
    My plans changed again. LOL I'm leaving tomorrow (Thursday) as soon as I can. I want to stop at a place in Alma that I keep hearing about, and then head down to VB and FS for some caching 'til the Breakfast event on Saturday. Boy, am I going to be busy non stop for the next few days! LOL I can't wait to meet everyone I have plans of meeting along the way!

Sounds like a great adventure! I'd love to do something like that sometime!

Howlingmoon Guest
    Tis definitely a lot of fun to be able to just pack up and head in a direction, any direction, for a few days. I don' work, so I can do that as long as I have the money to pay for the trip. LOL

Tis tomorrow yet ?