Thread: Eastern Arkansas caches near IH40

nonnipoppy Guest

Eastern Arkansas caches near IH40

Nonni (non-E) and I recently had to make a trip to Tunica. We left C'ville late and cached along the way. We were delighted to find the Chili36 caches in Marion on the screen of the GPSr. We found them and enjoyed our visit. It was a good break in our trip. Now if someone would just fill in that 100 mile blank between Marion and Lonoke it might just be perfect.........poppy

LadyEngineer Guest

I'm trying

Come on Poppy, I'm trying. I just put a new one in Stuttgart Saturday. (It still hasn't been found. Nudge)

Opinion please.

Would putting out some well placed micros be worth coming to? Putting out worthwhile traditional ones is very expensive and I've been informed (very sweetly) that I've exceeded mine for a little while.

nonnipoppy Guest
    First thank you for your caches also. That was a great stop.

I believe that the caches should be mixed up. Personally we don't care but others seem to complain about the micros. An alternative is a traditional cache with a book theme. Most people have some old ones around and that makes it a bit more affordable. I know some folks shop at garage sales and buy the $1-$2 assortments and find cache goodies. Mostly the only stuff I take from a cache is something really cool to me or something to put in a new cache sometime.

How about some caches along IH40? Since there are so few cachers in Stuttgart it can't get many finds.

Look at the logs for these 4 caches
    GCGD53
    GCGD57
    GCGPPP
    GCGPPJ
    These are rest stop caches and have been over 80 times each. Reading the logs is fun. There is costs in keeping decent stuff in a cache though. The contents just degrade over a period of time.

Nonni gathers the girly stuff and I gather the manly things. Dollar store and Big Lots are our friend....poppy

LadyEngineer Guest

Will have to work on it

Well, maybe I'll have to work on my sweetie.

But I've been trying to get one on Hwy 70 but I haven't been able to get permission yet. So we will see. Maybe we need to get an article like cachcrazies down here. More cachers in the area to help put out more caches???

GEO Guest
    I like any kind of cache(as phantom would correct me (cash),
    Mixem match em and just a thanks for placing them.
    I hunt all kinds and have no preferences myself.
    The reason people do not like micro's is they are (hard) to find.
    especially when cammoed out.

chili36 Guest
    I have been scouting some areas between Marion and Forrest City and between Marion and Jonesboro and between Marion and Oceola.

Expect to see some regular caches soon. Thanks for the idea on a book cache.