Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Brand of Camera do You Use?

cachemates Guest

What Brand of Camera do You Use?

I know some of you take some very nice pictures and I would like to know what Brand and Model camera you use. I would like to get a new Digital SLR Camera in the future and just wondered what everyone one here uses and recommends. Also what lens do you recommend? (Not planning on going professional). Also where to buy?

Dentful1 Guest
    You want to get what you pay for go to BEDFORDS in Little Rock. They even give a class on how to use your camera to its fullest capability. Most digital cameras have a fraction of a second delay on the shot. This is what I do not like about digital over the old 35mm. We have a Kodak Easyshare 12 Megapixel. It is a nice camera which we will let you try out if you want. It ain't the SLR type like you are wanting but it is in the top tier of what Wal-Mart offers in the compact size. You have to be careful on the zoom features. Pay attention to the optical zoom and THEN it goes to digital zoom. Those big numbers may mess you up but you want something that gives you great optical over digital. The digital zoom will get you closer to your object than what the optical feature can but it starts to fuzz out.

Call Pike Co, Molder. He has a SLR camera and bought it from Bedford. He is also a very intellegent man on this considering he took one of those geeky photo classes in High School back in the 70's.

I have a Nikon D40x DSLR and I think it is great. The best pictures I have ever taken and it should. It cost more than any camera I have bought.The x is 10 megapixel and it is a great starter camera.
    They don't call it that model anymore, it is the Nikon D60.

I bought it at Bedfords and I work nights and cannot take the Geeky Camera Classes, but I would like too. It will take 3 pictures a second and it has a Whole bunch of features that I don't know much about. If I need help I just drop by Bedfords and they will do their best to explain it to me. There is a learning curve with a dSLR so just start playing around with it an do a little reading, lots of books out there on photgraphy. If you shot film 35mm with SLR it is not a big jump to digital. If not you will think you are over your head, like me.

The Canon Rebel XTi is just about the same price and same features, but I always wanted a Nikon.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Howlingmoon Guest
    I spent $250 on my camera, and tis pretty damn nice for the amount of money I paid for it. Tis a FujiFilm FinePix S700. SLR style body, 10x optical zoom, and I can't remember the other bells and whistles. lol I bought mine from NewEgg.com, which was a LOT cheaper than WM or Bedford, by at least $50. I've taken a lot of awesome pictures with it, and my father (who has a Cannon Rebel) keeps commenting on how my "little camera can take some nice pictures." lol

scottmphoto Guest

My cameras

While I mainly use a Nikon D200 for my DSLR, I also have an older Fuji S2 Pro.
    While my business (professional photographer) is mainly shot with digital anymore, I also love to collect, restore and use vintage camera gear. My "newest" camera is a mid-1950's Graflex Crown Graphic 4x5 press camera. I got it with the old flash, bulbs, cables, film holders and the hard-sided case.
    So, while I love my digital and mainly use it, there are just some times that I love using an old film camera and processing the film and prints in my darkroom.

I currently have 138 cameras of various brands and models (someday I am going to open a small museum).

NIKON, the optics are great. We (I should say my wife) uses a Nikon D70 with a 18-200 Nikkor zoom lense. She has other Nikkor lenses (Nikon's brand) but she uses this the most because of the wide range it has.

Don't skimp on the lenses, you can have a $2000 camera but it isn't worth much if it is looking thru a cheap lense.

Digital is soooooo nice, I don't know how we ever got by with film in the past. I know it still has it's place, but the new digitals are really nice.

There are some pocket digitals that are nice also, I use a Nikon S550
    just for point and shoot, takes great pictures

ShadowCachers Guest
    CacheMates I have been doing photography sense 6th grade. I own a Canon 20D and a Canon 40D. The 40D I picked up for 950.00 and the 20D was about 1400 when it first came out. Their both digital SLR's. I think the new Canon digital Rebel would be a great new camera for a beginer.

bluesybreeze Guest
    I have the digital Cannon Rebel XLT and I love it. I had the old 35 mm Rebel and got a lot of use from it before I finally went digital. The XLT is a great camera. I've taken it everywhere - it even went back to Japan (first time for me, though). Several of the people I met there asked me if I bought it in Japan. They thought it was really cool that I had hauled it all the way with me. How do you guys keep from banging your camera up on the trail?

HikerRon Guest
    i have original Canon Digital Rebel, 6.5mp. i use the 18-55mm lense that came with it mostly, but also have a 75-300mm Tamron that i picked up at a great price.
    tripod, filters, etc also.

i also have a little Canon A520 point-n-shoot that goes everywhere i go.

The doc told Ron today that Nikon has a camera that puts GPS cords on every picture along with the date and time in j.peg format.