Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your first cache find and your online log (post it here)

LuckyoneinAR Guest
    Thanks for starting this thread. I so enjoy reading everyone's post. I just had to post my own first. I was so proud that day! I did not have a GPS yet and literally just got lucky finding the cache after reading the cache page and making a good guess. It's how I picked my geocaching name. I am also lucky because I was later asked to adopt the cache.

GCM26D - Harris Chapel Cemetery

March 16, 2006 - I have graduated from "I'll be lucky to find one" to "Lucky me - I found one!!" - all in one amazing afternoon. It was a wonderful experience. My nephews and I had a great time with our first cache. I do believe we're hooked! TFTC - the log is full - even in the margins! I had to squeeze my name in. Great fun!

Our first was GCGHQZ - Duckpond Frenzy #1 on November 25th, 2004. It was the first of four we found before buying a GPS. This one was a fake rock.

Our first find. Found it on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner. We were so excited... this is cool.
    We're still not too wordy, but do try to say something particular to each cache.

Dentful1 Guest
    My first find was one of Cachemates caches that make you look stupid. You know...the one that is right in front of you and looking at you but you can't spot it out because it is camoed so well.

Take A Break---by Cachemates---Glenwood, AR

May 13, 2006 by dentful1 (546 found)
    Daughter was going to mess with it and I told her not to touch. And then I seen what she was touching and there it was.

I have recently been thinking of going to the "Quapaw House" for a 30 day stay to rid myself of this addiction. Of course they will ask how it all started and I will tell them it was Jerry's fault. Then they will tell me to stay away from the source of this evil desire. I can't do that, because I won't know what he is coming up with next when I visit his shop. (talking to Jerry in the shop but never making eye contact....eyes are wondering for caches that are in progress)

legoguys Guest
    What a great discussion...

We have come so far since that day at the depot.

First Find: Of Days Gone By... GCQB58

May 19, 2007 by legoguys (753 found)

My sons and I started caching today. This was our first find and we enjoyed the day thoroughly. We are already discussing creating a cache of our own. Thanks to people like you who have gotten this started in our area!!!

We have the same first cache as ORR, which isn't too surprising since it was the only one within 10 miles of Russellville back then. We did manage to find it a few months before he did.
    Beaver's Lair
    April 27, 2003

This was our first time to go Geocaching. Took us a few minutes to find it, walked passed it once. We can't wait to go find another one. We took the tennis ball and sunglasses. We left some crayons.
    We are now hooked to Geocaching!

Looking back, it doesn't seem like a fair trade, but we had two kids and only one item to leave. It *was* a big box of crayons though
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

bluesybreeze Guest
    My first cache was Old Ice House on 2/9/08 and I had no clue what geocaching was, my date had the GPSr and he had found a total of 7 caches. We found 2 that day and I was hooked. I think he has about 11 now.

My log entry was: "This was a lot of fun, especially with the cache being so small."

flannelman Guest
    Here is mine....Landing Zone by Team Panda....

July 8, 2005 by flannelman (534 found)
    Got my GPSr today and took the kids out to look for this cache since it it about 1mile from my house. Took a few minutes to figure out how to track a waypoint on my GPSr but once I got that down we had little trouble finding the cache. What a blast!! We signed the log(hope I did it right). First time out and we found it!! I'm gonna love this!!

My first find was on February 23, 2007.

It was one of Woodwalker9's caches called Courage.

I did not know Pat or anything about Geocaching except what I had learned from reading the information on Geocaching.Com. I had heard about geocaching from reading an article in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and since I had always thought treasure hunting would be fun, I decided to see if this new sport would be something I would enjoy.

I did not have a GPSr and did not want to buy one unless I felt it would be a good investment.

I found four caches including one First To Find before I ever bought my first GPSr. I found Woodwalkers Vancancy before anyone else by following the map on GC.Com and being very lucky.

Here is my first log:

COURAGE

February 23, 2007

"Found this cache today. My first find ever. Do not have a gps yet so I had to use all the spoilers, maps, and hints I could get.. Quick find. First place I looked after crossing street.
    The log is full. Needs new sheet.
    tftc sl"

The following was my first find log. I'm even more excited and it is still a lot of fun. Geocaching keeps me sane...even though some friends think I've gone crazy. The cache was GC17KCV Jail Time. I have taken a few people there to get them started geocaching. I think I've found my sport!

March 23, 2008 by MathSeeker (563 found)
    My first cache! I'm excited....this is fun.

MathSeeker
    One cache at a time!

edieo Guest
    Monday, February 11, 2008
    edieo found Gutter Rock (Traditional Cache) this was my first find I really like this game or sport or what every it is I think I might be hooked