Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first cache find and your online log (post it here)

Your first cache find and your online log (post it here)

I was looking over my account tonight and thinking back to my very first find. It was GCTXGW Sunset from a Short Mountain on April 13th, 2006. I went back and read my very first online log and thought it would be neat to see the online logs for everyone's first find. I posted a photo on my first find online log of me with the cache container. I use that same photo now for my avatar on forums.

With the talk lately about online logs I thought that I doubt anyone out there has a SL for their first online log! Below is my first online log, please post your first online log here to share with everyone.

April 13, 2006 by paris1time

This was the first cache ddkds and I have found! We just started geocaching. We had a hard time finding it at first, but after I noticed that the coordinates in my GPSr were different than those on the printout from the cache we found it. I downloaded the waypoint and put it on my GPSr, so not sure what was up with that. We found the cache in good shape. We left a Mini-Magic 8 Ball and some silly putty. We took the bracelet left by BPSHideNSeek to have something to remember our first find. We took some pics and I have added them.
    TFTC!

Howlingmoon Guest
    My first find was Down by the Farm GCX91J on 7-1-08.

My first find! WOOT I even battled the spider webs, and I am deathly afraid of spiders! Unfortunately, I forgot my gloves back at home (along with my purse!), so I had to go back to my car to get a gardening tool I kept in my big geo-backpack to whack the spider webs away! LOL TFTC!

Boy this really brought back some good memories! Here's our first log from a cache called "River View Cache Box", overlooking the lock and dam at Toad Suck Park near Conway:

February 23, 2003 - Nice view from up here! Found it without any difficulty. Although, like others, my Legend was showing it on the other side of the fence. Rainy and cold today, so I didn't linger too long. Cache is in good shape.

Took: tea candles
    Left: Neoprene strap for eye glasses
    Looking back, I don't know why someone would leave candles in a cache... But then again, I don't know why someone would leave an eye-glasses strap, either! Oh well, you cache and learn, I guess...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

scottmphoto Guest

First "Real" Find

My first real find was the one at Caudle Overlook at Old Post Road Park in Russellville.

It wasn't the first one we looked for but it was the first one we actually found:

Cache In on Soccer
    September 3, 2007 by BSA534
    Our first find! Left a Diddy Kong toy. Can't wait to look for more!

Beaver's Lair (GCB541) Found July 20, 2003:
    Typical Sunday in July in Arkansas. Heat, humidity, mosquitos, poison ivy, and water mocassins. Just a walk in the park to this one! Took a yo-yo, left a post card. Note: Recent storms and high winds have blocked one approach to this cache.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

GeoJeepers Guest
    Our first find was GCHQE2 Riverside Park State Quarter Cache back on 4/4/04.....

"This was our first cache! We had never even used a GPSr before. It was really neat to find. We took it over in the brush to view it for safety. TNLNSL, we didn't have any quarters you needed in the book. The kids really enjoyed the trip."

How funny....first one we ever found actually had money in it! This one and one in Florida in June of the same year that was only foreign money ( I still carry that coin in my pocket every day, and both of the kids still have their coin they took from there too). I'm glad you started this thread paris1time, we've all really enjoyed sitting here talking about back in the day!

cachemates Guest
    Kirby Landing Cache.
    September 29, 2003

this was the first cache find for us. it was harder to find than I thought it would be. only had my gps for a couple of days so have lots to learn. had a really good time looking for it. I just happened to find this web site and saw this cache was hidden only a few miles from home so we tried to find it without a gps with out any luck, so I ordered me a gps and found it today. we took the line level and left a pin from birds and bloom magazine. thanks for the cache. now for the next one.Jerry and Bonnie

kittzle Guest
    My first is now archived, which makes me sad

GCKWBF CE #1 - Beware of Flying Saucers by RuffRidr
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...4-142e7926fa3e

November 19, 2005 by kittzle
    Yay! My very first find (with the excellent guidance of RazorbackGeek). Much fun, beware of sticker bushes. TN, L hippo to stomp on the flying saucers! Love meter said I was "fine"

Q Guest
    August 14, 2006 by Q2
    Found him. Our first. Me and my 2 sons, 8 and 2. We tried to ride the bug to another cache, but it would not fit in the other one we found today. So we still have it. Hope to place him in another cache later in the week.

Partially covered the can but put it back where it was. Great place.

Try to write a bit more personal these days.... The birfday bunny got me a gps in July. So by the date above it was HOT! The older kid still remembers my shirt actually dripping with sweat. Changed at the car cuz we took the scenic route around the hill. After this day the younger kid wanted to "go find a cache" every time he saw a rock outcrop or interesting place to hike.