Thread: Need input

Brettp2004 Guest

Need input

A Cache that I adopted keeps getting muggled. I have it archived right now and am getting ready to change the location and the container. My question is... Should I leave it archived and create a new cache, or just change the location and description. I already changed the container once and just changed it on the cache page. But this time I'm moving the location by about 20ft. I know it can be annoying finding the same cache again because it was archived and replaced, but on the other hand this will pretty much be a completely different cache. Also, this cache does have a little “sentimental” value because it was the first cache I ever found. Any input?
    Last edited by Brettp2004; 04-22-2011 at 09:56 PM.

If it was me I would leave the old cache archieved and just create a new one. I think if you un archieve it there may be those that will see it as the one they couldn't find before or something and may not even look for it. I would definitely go with the new listing.

KD5JNL Guest
    hey brett! i think i would just move it to a better location because of the sentimental reasons. i like looking back on my caches from time to time and looking at the old log entries. just my two cents worth. good luck in whatever you do.

I would vote to archive it and birth a new cache. It keeps getting muggled for a reason--perhaps it is in an area that is prone to human or animal discovery, or the size of the container is a factor--big enough for kids to steal, small enough for squirrels to steal, etc. Unless it is just some ultra-cool container, you will soon discover that the nature of caches is like everything else in this world--temporal. Entropy claims everything, and memories, if we are lucky enough, remain a bit longer. If you continue with the game, you will see multiple generations and incarnations of caches, which to me is a pleasant, content feeling of gaining experience. As a cacher, I also enjoy re-visiting previous areas where I have found caches before. Like a familiar and often-visited trail, it is good to have a reason to return. It reinforces those good memories and provides me with a new challenge and an opportunity to experience a fellow cacher's fresh creativity.