Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annual Meeting Camping Questions

drmo913 Guest

Annual Meeting Camping Questions

My wife and I are planning on attending this year. Can anyone share information about the lodging? I saw that we can "camp" at the event tent if we wish. I'm assuming this is tent camping. Is this correct? Are there showers available?

I wish I knew more, this is our first year to camp there. I have heard it is very nice there.

I have no clue about that. I was planning on attending but then realized it's the same night as the Skillet concert at Magic Springs. I missed the concert last year beacause we had tickets to see tobyMac that same night. I will NOT miss this one! I do, however, plan on attending the CITO event that Sunday. Can't wait to meet all of you!

DaTexanBoy Guest
    I'm gonna be tent camping myself. I dont know if they have showers or not, but I plan on bringing a couple of water coolers to sit in the sun that way I can wash up regardless. Years of deer camp and boy scouts will come in handy. Now if I just need to go get some MRE's. Man I love them things.

I am planning on tent camping. I understand there will be a group tent area that we can use.

Last time they set us up in an area just behind the visitor's center. It wasn't an area that is normally used for camping though, so you'll need to go to a nearby camping area to use the showers. I don't know if they are going to put us in the same place or not this time.

Here is a link to the map of the park.
    http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/im...UACHITA-05.pdf

I'll have some more detailed info on the camping after I visit with the park folks on Tuesday.
    If anyone wants to tag along on Tuesday just let me know and we will make some plans.

drmo913 Guest
    I would love to tag along-but alas, i'm working Tuesday. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by drmo913 View Post
    My wife and I are planning on attending this year. Can anyone share information about the lodging? I saw that we can "camp" at the event tent if we wish. I'm assuming this is tent camping. Is this correct? Are there showers available?
    We will be allowed to tent camp in the area adjacent to the visitors center near the event tent. There are showers and restrooms available and they are some of the cleanest I have ever used at a state park. We will be allowed to camp Friday and Saturday night. If you plan on staying any longer you will need to make arrangements to get a regular campsite for the additional nights.

On another note: Due to the recent storms in the area the trails in the park will be closed during our event.