Thread: Mountain Home meet and eat.

relikborg Guest

Mountain Home meet and eat.

Hello everyone, my mom is hosting GC1GPYY in Mountain Home. She is kind of discouraged that only 4 people have said they are going to come. I was wondering if anyone else is intending on showing up but hasn't done a will attend log, or if everyone is doing something else that day. If everyone is busy that weekend she may cancel it and try it again sometime.

Thanks, reliKBORG A.K.A. Jason

I wish it was another weekend, I'd love to come but I'm helping with the WWFM in Jacksonville that same day. Sure wish it was another weekend, I've been looking for an excuse to cache up that way!

Tim

We really wanted to make this event. My wife's aunt was raised in that area (Ruth I think) and we've wanted to visit there for some time. I think her aunt's sister still lives in the area.

I really wish we could have gone. I've been known to embarrass myself at more than one all-you-can-eat oriental buffet.

Howlingmoon Guest
    I've been wanting to go down to Mountain Home for caching and specially the oldest cache in Arkansas but, that's the same week as the WWFM in Bella Vista. I also have to save money for gas to take long trips, and I just got back from one yesterday.

I would love to be there, but, it is opening day of deer season and you know that is like a second religion around here. I am president of my deer club and I feel like I have to be there, so unfortunately, count me out. If it were rescheduled, to another date, I would certainly try to fit it into my schedule!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

relikborg Guest
    Well i think we will continue with this one, unless those that have signed up wish us to reschedule, then if we do proceed with this one, we will try to host another next spring or something.

Jason

I hosted an ArkGeo Eat-N-Greet in Clarksville in August, on a Saturday night. One week out, only about 7 people had signed up. In the last week, a LOT of people signed up and others showed up who never did a "Will Attend" note on the event page. After it was all over, we had about 30 attendees! So my advice is, don't sweat it! And don't give up! If you give it, they will come! But even if only 5 people show up, it will be a great event! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

We have not been caching in that part of the state yet and really want to do somc there, but we will be in Tulsa that weekend , I am sure you will have a great event..

relikborg Guest
    Thanks to everyone that showed up, it was a great time!