Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: remember your first light pole cache?

It was one of the "PNG" that are in the north Wal-Mart in Conway. We had not found many caches at that point and me and the kids were out caching when we saw it on the screen. We drove near the lamppost and started zeroing in on the right one when we realized there was a car parked just a space or 2 from the light.

We parked next to the post and I sent theboyscout out to retrieve it when we realized there was someone in the nearby car! The kids discussed it and decided he was either sleeping or dead, so we should go for the cache. Theboyscout jumped out of the car and made the grab, we signed the log and replaced it without disturbing the man in the car.

Later that day the kids made me drive back by to see if the guy was still there... Guess he was just sleeping because he was gone!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA534
    We drove near the lamppost and started zeroing in on the right one when we realized there was a car parked just a space or 2 from the light.

We parked next to the post and I sent theboyscout out to retrieve it when we realized there was someone in the nearby car! The kids discussed it and decided he was either sleeping or dead, so we should go for the cache. Theboyscout jumped out of the car and made the grab, we signed the log and replaced it without disturbing the man in the car.

Later that day the kids made me drive back by to see if the guy was still there... Guess he was just sleeping because he was gone!
    A week ago when ddkds and I did some caching in Conway it seemed like everywhere we went someone was sleeping in a car near a cache!

Oh yes, I think we were in Tulsa for either a gun show or a farm show, we had not been caching long and had not found many different types, when we got to ground zero, we both thought, huh?? what the....?
    the coords must be off, we are right here in the middle of a parking lot, then , no way one could be here, trying the hiding spot, and we were both thrilled, wow, what and idea, only to come back home and see a lot more and have seen a lot since then, even found one today!!
    Now, the game is guessing which one as you pull into the parking lot!!

Still fun though..

LuckyoneinAR Guest
    I remember my first. It's humbling to realize how little I know about light poles. It was a "Tram Law" near Benton, AR. I didn't know the skirt thing lifted (I thought it was welded down) and I didn't know what a tram law was. Thank goodness for my brother who gave me a lesson on both or I might still be out there circling the wagons and not seeing the geocaching light!!

I love geocaching!!

bluesybreeze Guest
    My first was "Eau de Arby's" in Clarksville. When I first drove up I thought I was going to have to dumpster dive, I was such a noob! When I finally realized those things lifted. I was so excited! It was like knowing a great big secret that no one else knew. I still get a kick out of them. Especially the ones that are velcroed to the INSIDE of the skirt