Thread: Cache Submission Question

Cache Submission Question

I know when you're submitting your cache for approval that you can uncheck the box allowing you to edit the description before it is submitted to the reviewer.

My question is how long can a cache stay in limbo like that? I want to hide a cache but it may be a couple of weeks to a month before I'd be able to have it reviewed.

I have never done that.
    Maybe you send Chuck an e-mail and get an answer?
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

The great lizard frightens me!

Re: Cache Submission Question

Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    I know when you're submitting your cache for approval that you can uncheck the box allowing you to edit the description before it is submitted to the reviewer.

My question is how long can a cache stay in limbo like that? I want to hide a cache but it may be a couple of weeks to a month before I'd be able to have it reviewed.
    The answer to your question is: Forever. I've known people who have done just this as a place to park their personal geocoins to keep them from cluttering up their "my" page.

On the other hand, as I understand it, the location does show up to the reviewers in their proximity searches, so it would be best to be careful where you put a "parking" cache.

It's not for parking. I have a cache in mind and I want to order some custom wooden nickels for it. Kind of a souvenir from their cache hunt saying they found it.

Re: Cache Submission Question

Quote Originally Posted by TnT
    The answer to your question is: Forever.
    TnT is absolutely correct. That is, unless a reviewer archives the cache listing. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by TnT
    On the other hand, as I understand it, the location does show up to the reviewers in their proximity searches, so it would be best to be careful where you put a "parking" cache.
    Again, TnT is correct. These unpublished caches do show up when I do a proximity check and are only a minor inconvenience. However, if I see that one has been up for a long time (6 months or more), I have started archiving them myself, just to clear out the "clutter". If one is parking a geocoin or TB there, archiving the cache will not affect that.

I really appreciate it when people use the check box to keep an unfinished listing hidden from me. That saves me time, because I don't end up reviewing a cache that is not ready and it saves the cache owner from the frustration of getting a note from me telling them to fix a problem with the listing!
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson