Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fall Colors

I left the house yesterday morning around 5am and headed up to the Buffalo River. After spending a couple hours along the Buffalo River Trail I headed over to Lost Valley. It began to rain on the way in and that just made all of the fantastic color even richer. I spent about an hour in Cobb Cave waiting for the rain to stop and then headed up Cave Mountain Road to Hedges Pouroff and then Hawksbill Crag. It was just an awesome day to be out in the mountains. That part of the state is at or past its peak right now and it won't last long. Some stats for yesterday: 212 miles driven, 8.3 miles hiked, found 3 caches, and took over 300 photos.

We got back home this afternoon from our North Arkansas trip, made the trip today from Mountain Home, to Mammoth Springs, then down the Mountain View, then on down to Clinton and then to Morrilton to the Interstate. The colors were awsome. Drove 477 miles this weekend, got 4 more Parkcaches , with 24 caches found in total. The weather and the fall colors were all worth it..

I have seen a lot of color this weekend and I got to take a few pictures on Petit Jean today.

I put some of them on Photobucket here is a link:

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Petit%20Jean/

I think this has been a great year for colors of the trees, I just wish it would have been cloudy, today it was hazy.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Those were some great pictures AR-HICK.
    Now I don't have to spend the money to go see the fall colors in person. Those pictures were so lifelike it is almost like being there.
    Your camera sure makes some good pictures.

Great pics AR-Hick. NW had to work all weekend so we couldn't get out and enjoy the beautiful colors and spectacular weather. Thanks for bringing the fall foliage colors to those of us that are housebound. RBG

Very nice. The color is really starting to show around the Russellville area.

Just thought I would revive this thread again since we are fast approaching the color change. This weekend should be a really great weekend to get out with some color change already started.

Looking at places I have been recently there will probably be some good color by this weekend but the peak of color to the north of Russellville will probably be about the same time as last year, the last week of October into the first week of November.

Let us know how things look in your area.

Dang it IRBH!, here I was all excited looking through all these photos of October color changes and such only to finally see the post dates of LAST YEAR!!!

The family and I are headed up to Eureka for a few days starting the 24th so I'll give you guys a report then with hopefully some photos. I have to remember the "magic light" comment I read somewhere.

That should be the perfect time for plenty of color up there unless it is already past its peak. Just remember that the best pictures of fall colors are taken with the sun behind the trees. It brings out lots more color that way. Ya'll have a fun and safe trip if I don't see you before then.

edieo Guest
    Thank for reviving this thread I love the fall color and can hardly wait to get out and hike in them ...