Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fall Colors

Thanks for the great link! I've bookmarked that one.

We couldn't get a campsite at Petit Jean so we're going to be camping at either Crystal Springs or Tompkins Bend. We'll be doing a lot of driving around in the area so hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures Monday or Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    We couldn't get a campsite at Petit Jean so we're going to be camping at either Crystal Springs or Tompkins Bend. We'll be doing a lot of driving around in the area so hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures Monday or Tuesday.
    If you are planning on attending the Conway County event don't forget about the Corps of Engineers Parks that still have campgrounds. The one near Russellville SWEEDEN ISLAND PARK has plenty of campsites and will be open until the end of the month. Thanks to HotRodOnFootandBike there are now 7 caches in that park and 3 others close by. Just thought you might want to stay a little closer to the event.

cachemates Guest
    We haven't been there in years but if you are in Harrison be sure to go to the Maplewood Cemetery. If you catch the color just right this place is breath taking, it is the prettiest Cemetery we have ever visited.

We're not going to the event but thanks for the info. That looks like a good place to stay when we get around to a Russellville geocaching trip. I still want to get ORR's "Main Street" cache.

Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    I still want to get ORR's "Main Street" cache.
    Heh, heh, heh ....
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

The colors are starting to get going, I'm this next week, thing will be getting in full swing up north, will be another week or so before a lot of color in the south. Going up 540 is starting to look pretty good

HikerRon Guest
    i spent last weekend doing the hwy 23/215/103 scenic loop, camped at Redding, and at one point rambled over to DevilsDenSP. the leaves were beautiful. my guess would be that the peak will happen next weekend. but the colors at DDSP made for some great hiking. No water coming over the waterfalls in that part of the state though.

I took a drive last Friday to check out the colors north of Russellville and posted some photos on MY BLOG. The overall color was still mostly green with many nice scattered areas but I think with the cooler temperatures we are now getting the peak of the color will be here this weekend through next week. I will be heading north again this weekend and hope to get some more nice shots to post.

We have made a trip up hwy 23 today to Eureka Springs then over to Mountain Home, the colors are fantastic, the valleys were really great early this morning with the sun coming up and some fog in the valleys. Really nice,

Drove up to Woolly Hollow state park this afternoon. The colors on the way to the park and around the lake were really amazing. The next couple of weeks in central/north central Arkansas should be spectacular! Hope to take a day or two next week to enjoy it...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile