Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Colors

Fall Colors

I drove up Hwy 7 to the Hwy 123 / 16 junction this morning which is about 30 miles north of Russellville. The leaves are just in their beginning stages of turning and it looks like the next 2 to 3 weeks will be the best time to get out and visit the Ozarks. In normal years it always gets so hot in August that the leaves begin to dry up and fall prematurely. This summer was rather mild in this area with plenty of rain so I am hoping for more intense fall color than usual. Hopefully I can find the time to get out and take some pictures to share with you. Let us know how things are looking in your neck of the woods throughout this great season called Fall and perhaps provide us with some photos so we can enjoy the many areas of the state that we cannot make it to this season.

"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn."
    - Elizabeth Lawrence

HikerRon Guest
    thanks for the post! i'm planning a camping trip in that area 10/25 and will be watching this topic for more updates.

Yes, thanks for the info, just north of Clarksville, about the same conditions, just starting, our daughter in Springdale advises the same, some trees are getting some good color while others haven't even begun yet, I hope this will be a very colorful fall...

All the hardwoods here are still stubbornly holding onto their green for the most part. With the cooler temperatures I'm hoping to see a spectacular display i the next few weeks.
    We're camping at Petit Jean on 10/25 so hopefully I can post some photos.

B62GTAWK Guest
    What a great thread. I believe this has the makings of the most beautiful fall we all have seen in a long time. Get out and enjoy it!

Just starting to see the beginnings of some color change here in the Conway area.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

We were out in northern Conway County today and if you look at the mountains you can see just a slight hint of color in some of the trees, most are still very green, everyone keep a close eye, I think when it starts, it will start and change in a hurry..
    Enjoy the weather, it was really great today for sure..

I drove down to deer camp today, and the colors were starting to really show themselves for the first time this year. Oddly enough, I think as I went South, I saw more color than here in Northern Garland County at the old homestead. Differnt species of trees I guess, but I am excited at the prospect of possibly one of the best leaf years in recent memory. Let's hope!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

MO and NA

Back through Joplin, then south this last week. Black gum, dogwood, PI and sweet gum are turning. Very little change in oaks or hickory. Almost no color south of Green Forest.

Still not a lot of color yet. Then again I have not been out much this past week. I am off for the next couple of days and will get up in the mountains and see whats going on up there. Here is a LINK to an interesting site that I found the other day. Maybe I'll get some good pics to share in the next few days.