Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd annual Conway County Meet and Greet

2nd annual Conway County Meet and Greet

Fall is in the air and if you don’t know it is time for another Event.

Where? North Conway County (Center Ridge). Nemo Vista Old Gymnasium so the weather should not be a problem.

What to do? Meeting and Greeting all the local cachers and hopefully some far away cachers. Yes, we will be serving that fabulous cacher fuel Hot Dogs.

Why? Because we have heard all of our own stories amongst ourselves and we need some fresh ears to bend.

Places to see? Yes, we have the famous Woolverton Mountain for all you older cachers who might remember the song by Johnny Horton.
    Maybe we can give the winner of a singing contest a Hot Dog to keep them quiet.

This is going to be a simple event (gathering of cachers) to share stories and just have a good time swapping stories and maybe find a few caches along the way.

I would like to invite everyone to attend on behalf of the rest of the Conway County Cachers. Come and join us for more fun than throwing cow chips.

Please post a "Will Attend" so we know how many hogs to skin for the hot dogs to feed the cachers.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

I have already posted a "Will Attend" and ddkds and I will be there. I look forward to seeing everyone and I am sure fun will be had by all. If I can be of any help let me know.

I was so glad to see we are going to be indoors in case the weather does go bad, but I am sure that AR-Hick has the "weather stone" handy.

In case you have never seen it, here it is....

I think you need to let the TV stations borrow that weather stone, they could use it...

What's that GC#? I need to post my will attend log!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

What's that GC#?
    Quartzcachers
    Try BR549

I would also like to warm everyone to please not run over anyone wearing Overalls. They might be Kinfolk.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

I must say, this was a GREAT event, the weather was perfect and so was everything else. We really appreciate all the hard work that was put in to put this event on. The micro caches and the puzzle cache run was great and a lot of fun.. The food was great also.

B62GTAWK Guest
    I want to thank all of you who came to the event and to those who made donations the most of thanks. We ate, We cached, We visited, We laughed, We had a ball. If you missed it you really missed it.

I saw that David-VS-Goliath logged that he attended. Funny, I don't recall meeting him! I also noted on at least one cache that I've logged a find on for Saturday that he had also logged online that he found the same cache on Saturday! So you Conway Cachers might want to check your cache logs! By the way, I really enjoyed the event! Thanks for your hard work!

Old River Runner
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

We want to again thank everyone who coordinated and worked so hard to make the Conway County Event such a great day. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Great caches, wonderful food, delightful friends, excellent location, creative puzzles and challenges, and lots of fun. Thank you, Nukeworker and Racquetball Girl

We can only echo what others have said about this event. Conway County cachers put lots of on lots of peoples faces Saturday. Thanks again for all the fun. Ya did