Thread: More Publicity for Geocaching

cachecrazies Guest

More Publicity for Geocaching

The JAKES Event in Cotter, AR. on 9-11-04 brought in even more interest in geocaching to Arkansas. While the crowds weren't as large as anticipated - there were as many adults there to find out about geocaching as were there for the other events. We personally know of 3 people that have joined gc.com as a direct result of the event; as well of 4 that have joined since the newspaper article came out on 9-6. And 2 more that plan to join as soon as they have access to their computer.

Add to that, 1 nice property owner that contacted Harleyhogs after the article to offer use of her large acreage for placement of caches!

The newest publicity in our area is Gaston's White River Resort http://www.gastons.com/news/events/ online newsletter mentioning the caches that Greg and Christy and Bob and I put out there.

Back to the JAKES Event - an overwhelming number of cachers contributed to the great success of this event and you all deserve the thanks of the geocaching community! I know you have our deepest gratitude!

The cachecrazies wrote:

Back to the JAKES Event - an overwhelming number of cachers contributed to the great success of this event and you all deserve the thanks of the geocaching community!
    The real thanks here goes to Bob and Linda, the cachecrazies. You guys are the ones that brought it all together. You had everything so prepared that all we had to do was stand around and talk to people about geocaching. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it. Seriously, you guy did an outstanding job and made it fun for all. Thank YOU!

I have to admit that cachecrazies did have everything up and running when I got there. It was well worth the 3 hour drive up there. Thanks Cachecrazies.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!