Thread: Another newbie

Phantom_491 Guest

Another newbie

I have converted a muggle!!

I have the pic of the kids and I at 'Lum and Abner' on my computer as my desktop at work. One day one of my customers came by and I showed her the pic. She was curious so I showed her GC.com. She's only got one find, but their still learning. I plan on going out on a hunt with her soon to help her learn the ropes. Her 11 year old daughter loves it. I'm now trying to get her to register as a member of ArkGeocaching.

Thanks to Geezer_Veazey for the picture!!!

I love to hear this kind of story, because I've told lots of people about geocaching and have gotten very few really interested. Thanks for sharing it with us! It just goes to show that you never know where or when a new geocacher might be waiting...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Re: Another newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_491
    I have converted a muggle!!

I have the pic of the kids and I at 'Lum and Abner' on my computer as my desktop at work. One day one of my customers came by and I showed her the pic. She was curious so I showed her GC.com. She's only got one find, but their still learning. I plan on going out on a hunt with her soon to help her learn the ropes. Her 11 year old daughter loves it. I'm now trying to get her to register as a member of ArkGeocaching.

P.S. Thanks to Geezer_Veazey for the picture.
    Sorry about that Phantom. I had to pat myself on the back.

Geezer

BooCrew Guest
    I've gotten 4 federal government employees interested. I had to fill them in on exactly why I was hauling those Altoids cans out of their trash cans. I know 3 of them have visited the GC.com site. Now if they'll just head out to the field, I think they'd be hooked.

Oh, and the guy at the army surplus store. He wanted to know if I was putting my money in that ammo can. He told me to tell him more the next time I'm in. I'll print out the brochure for him.

GEO Guest
    I got the New Mexico Border Patrol agent I met at Big Hatchet Mountian to join the day I talked to him about it.
    loco_51.
    He may join here someday,he is a real newbie and it might take a while because you can not explain a whole lot on the side of the Hot Desert Highway.
    He is still having trouble getting this JEEP TB.
    He did get a note on it though.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/deta...tracker=JPQ6P1