Thread: Arkansas Stargate!

Arkansas Stargate!

I know some of you heard about the Stargate program around the campfire at the Piney hotdog roast. Well I wanted to tell you a bit more about it. The name comes from a popular Sci-Fi tv show that ran for over 10 years with several spin-offs (Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis) and even a movie or two. A Stargate is a portal to a different galaxy in the movie by almost instantaneous travel once you step through it. Imagine being able to step through a "door" and in a few seconds, you are standing on a planet in the Milky Way Galaxy.

That is basically how the Stargate program works on earth in the geocaching community. There are only so many Stargates on earth that a traveler may use (trackable item). Their purpose is to transport a traveler as quickly as possible to their destination (another Stargate).

Anyway, here is the link to the OENavigators top secret Stargate Command bunker. GC #GC17R38
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...&log=&numlogs=

It's a neatly themed idea for those that want a travelbug/coin to move a long distance at any given time.

Enjoy.

mbooda Guest
    OK, this officially knocks my socks off . A couple of questions:

1. I want to establish a stargate cache in my area (Greater New Orleans, which has none, and desperately needs one). How may I do this?

2. How do the trackables actually move from stargate to stargate? I'm assuming it's by regular snail mail or parcel post, or possibly UPS, FE, etc. This in turn depends on the assumption that there is a corps of cache owners who share their snail mail addresses and agree to relay trackables to and from each other.

Please don't tell me that the transport is really only "virtual".

I'm not exactly sure how they work either, as the search only returns one thread up on here from a few years back when they tried to get one here in Arkansas. Hopefully OE will let us in on the ultra top secret protocols a Travelbug uses to get from one gate to the next.

I'm pretty sure they use magic. That or 24th century technology. That being said, I still think its magic.

Darn. I was really hoping it was magic.