Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Piney Great Arkansas CITO Event (Rescheduled)

Piney Great Arkansas CITO Event (Rescheduled)

This event has been Rescheduled please see post below.

gc.com address:
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 480923aaf7

We are planning a CITO event during September 20th at the Long Pool Recreation Area above Dover, specifically around the Dover overlook aka "Dover Lights" . Please keep this date in mind and try to come out and help us clean up this beautiful area. Please pass the word on to anyone else who uses this area so they can help keep it beautiful.

We are planning to clean up several areas and have a lunch. We have several local businesses that have donated door prizes for this event and are still obtaining sponsors. Please contact me at jclaudii at yahoo.com or 47Nine.264.0827 if you would like to help. Please keep an eye on the cache page for all changes in the coming weeks. I will try and keep this page up to date as well, but the cache page will be the most up to date. This page will be used mainly for active discussions about the event.

I am also going to invite members of the Arkansas Canoe Club to join in our efforts. Since this is a multi-use area, I wanted everyone to get out and do there part. We have tons of support from the local Forest Service so please thank them if you get a chance for help making this event happen.

Thank you and we hope to see you there,

Jason
    jclaudii[/b][/img]

flannelman Guest
    Looks like it's gonna be a great event!! I have been to two CITO events and it reall makes you feel good to give back. I took my kids with me and they had a great time too. I work on the weekends now or I'd come up and help you out. Good luck and have fun!!

Already got a few great door prizes lined up. This is shaping up to be a great event. Keep an eye out for the updates I make to the cache page. Thanks.

Just wanted to bump this to the top in hopes people will click on it and come on out. I look forward to seeing everyone there that weekend for a fun time cleaning up.

EVENT POSTPONED

We are having to postpone our event due to lack of participants and several members already engaged in other events on the same date. We will reschedule it for a later date and we are open to any date recommendations. Feel free to discuss all plausible dates within this thread.

Jason

Sorry, way too much going on April 26. I can make any weekend except May 31 and June 1. You post when and where and I will try my best to be there.
    CITO's are a great events and lets see how many other cachers are willing to give a little back!
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Great! I want to come to this event, but I also wanted to go to the other one the same weekend. Now I can do both! Anxiously waiting for a new date. Hopefully before it is too hot/muggy/buggy!

Thanks!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

As of now I'm looking at a date sometime in September(perhaps the 20th). I will be starting the process all over again and contacting the Forest Service to get permission and supplies. Please provide me some feedback with how you feel about this date. Thank you.

jclaudii

We'll be there. Thanks for putting all of this together.

That date sounds good to me. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. Hopefully no one else will plan another event for that same weekend. Maybe I'll host a dinner event the night before at Ryans for the folks coming in from out of town.