Thread: Coin Question

ExtremeTrek Guest

Coin Question

I was checking the grand finale cache as part of the ParkCache challenge and noticed that several of the coins are missing although there is no sign of muggling going on. I watch this pretty closely and there are 4 missing coins. The log shows only those people who have posted on geocaching.com as having found it. Is this normal? I understand that some may want a keepsake from their journey but it would really help me if they would post what they take so that I know when I need to add some coins.

flannelman Guest
    Some people don't care about logging. I have had caches found by users that have an account in GC.com and have never logged a cache. I don't know why they don't, maybe they are anti-numbers or something. That may be what is happening.

ExtremeTrek Guest
    I thought about that but they also didn't log it at the cache. To find it you have to find 52 other caches. Why would you not log that you did that? Also should I expect that they would never log the coin? I also know of someone who has been logging them and I know they got them all (they verified the final coordinates with me) but never went to get it. (It's been weeks) Of course that may just be a case of feeling the accomplishment of finding all the parks.

Anyway, it's not that big a deal. I was just wondering if it was normal.

flannelman Guest
    It does seem strange but that is just the way a few play the game. Some people just don't care to keep up with the numbers their accomplishment is just finding the cache.

Maybe the other is waiting for a special occasion to find the final stage or maybe they got busy with other things. Sometimes I go a couple of months without caching.

B62GTAWK Guest

I also know of someone who has been logging them and I know they got them all (they verified the final coordinates with me) but never went to get it. (It's been weeks) Of course that may just be a case of feeling the accomplishment of finding all the parks.

I believe you may have been talking about me. I plan on getting mine. I had to go back to the real world of work and haven't had time to get to the final. Thanks for all the caches and the Finale. You will see my log soon, when the hay is all baled, the catering is caught up. The county fair is over one osbstacle out of the way. Maybe today is the day.

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by B62GTAWK
    I believe you may have been talking about me. I plan on getting mine. I had to go back to the real world of work and haven't had time to get to the final. Thanks for all the caches and the Finale. You will see my log soon, when the hay is all baled, the catering is caught up. The county fair is over one osbstacle out of the way. Maybe today is the day.
    Cool, I was a little worried about you.

gespurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flannelman
    It does seem strange but that is just the way a few play the game. Some people just don't care to keep up with the numbers their accomplishment is just finding the cache.
    Yeah, my DH is one of those. He's found maybe 1 more than i have, however, if you look at his profile (Old_pines) it says he's found only a few. I keep bugging about logging his finds, but I think it's the 'paperwork" that intimidates him. He hates doing copy and paste logs because its so impersonal, but he also hates thinking stuff up to say except for TFTC.

flannelman Guest
    Things I like to see in logs are descriptions of what you may have encountered while at the cache or on the way to and from it. It doesn't need to be fancy but just a short note to let me know what you liked about the cache or where it is hidden.

ExtremeTrek Guest
    Well, I went out this morning and dropped some more coins in the Grand Finale so you won't be disappointed when you get there. It was a beautiful morning to be at the cache. Someone else was nearby as I finished my business, they could have been cachers but I wasn't sure.

One of the missing coins was located at Cane Creek State Park. So who knows how many others are floatin' around the parks. Please log that you picked it up so I know when to reload.

Good luck to all searchers!

Ltfightr Guest

Cane Creek

The One in Cane creek is the one we had. We spent the weekend down there in the rent a rv and had shown it off so we decided to let it go free. We have not logged it because when we came home I washed to pants with the paper I had written to coin number on.... Then 1/2 of the family from Texas came and hid from Ike and I have not made it out there to get the number again. Thanks for the challange we were co 3rd with Netgatior and met her in the wild we also went over the 300 cache milestone on this endever it took us 15 hard days to finish.