Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PATH TAGS ?

mountainborn Guest

PATH TAGS ?

Have you found or logged a path tag ? Or better yet do you own a pathtag ? They are a cool coin that owners can design. Is a multi colored design on one side and the back is nickle plated with a serial number that you log on the website. It has a hole in it for a necklas or some such use.
    I found one in a geocache in VanBuren Arkansas. It belonged to a retired Army airborn artic ranger.
    This was my first contact with them. Any help figureing this out appreciated.
    Here is a link to the path tags web site:
    http://www.pathtags.com/

scoutfrog Guest
    I've collected about a dozen of them. They are a lower cost version of a geo coin. The cost is about 1/2 that of a coin, so they are great for trading or just a signature item.

I have about six or so in my sig item collection. I really think they're awesome. They would make great sig items and you can trade them with other cachers. We going to "try" to get some made the first of next year. Maybe I'll be able to trade one for a mountainborn tag?

they are really neat, I have 45 now in my collection, some have really nice designs..
    Been thinking about getting one of our own soon

mountainborn Guest
    Wow, thats cool. I never heard of them until we found articabn in the wild in a cache called pass the barbeque.
    Are there a many out there in the wild ? Or are they mostly traded on the internet ?

I've only discovered two in the wild. I think that's mostly due to not many geocachers using them in this area. I opened up an account on the website and did notice they are traded a lot.
    I just love finding sig items. I even have a "CacheMates" sig card from before they were CacheMates. When we get some we'll most likely release some and keep the rest for trades and to give away.

redink Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    I've only discovered two in the wild. I think that's mostly due to not many geocachers using them in this area. I opened up an account on the website and did notice they are traded a lot.
    I just love finding sig items. I even have a "CacheMates" sig card from before they were CacheMates. When we get some we'll most likely release some and keep the rest for trades and to give away.
    What about my Red Ink card from Sugarloaf? You're hurting my feelings!

Quote Originally Posted by redink
    Quote Originally Posted by OEnavigator
    What about my Red Ink card from Sugarloaf? You're hurting my feelings!
    What!??..Stupid website must have deleted part of my post. It completely excluded "and of course my highly treasured red ink sig card. Both variants!!" And just so nobody else is left out I also have:

Teaxas Georodders (pathtag)
    DAVIDMEDLYN (button & keychain)
    mtee & herdofturtles (turtle on a rock)
    Team CFD29 (nickel)
    Extreme Mom (nickel)
    Two Left Feet (nickel)
    RV Paces (nickel)
    Jackrock (nickel)
    247 Malibu (nickel)
    Jeepfun (nickel)
    Team Madog (nickel & carabineer)
    BMWRIDER2 (poker chip #004)
    Team Gingerbread (gingerbread man)
    Team J&K (card & nickel)
    Teamnaruto (bracelet)
    MOMSINTOFUN (ring)
    The Muffler man (marble)
    TXCacheDogs (smiley face guy)
    GoatsandVettes (card)
    Princess JayJay55 (card)
    Ceeker7 (mini BYOP pencil #13)
    Los Traviesos (token)
    The Caching Gators (card)
    *TnT* (nickel and handmade clay token)
    RGS (card)
    L Frank (mini hot dog)
    T"n"t (button)
    rklmbl (token)
    Imperial Walkers (pathtag)
    theCLB (card)
    The Radioactives (card)
    TeamNab (card)
    Mimi & Pop (card)
    Outbounder & ByU LDY (card)
    Grandkid38 (card)
    Jerry Bonnie & Abby (card)
    red ink (uber cool card )
    TXOILGAS (pathtag)
    Plan-B (pathtag)
    HadgeHopper (pathtag)
    Lare58 (both dragon pathtags)

Whew! I think that's it. I still have yet to get one of ORR's carabiners. LOL. I've wanted one of those for over a year. Back OT, I really think Pathtags are a great way to have a custom sig item especially for the creativity challenged geocachers like myself.

Would you like me to mail you a markrocks nickel? They are awesome - put out by woodwalker, one of Mark's hugest fans and buddys.

GeoJeepers Guest
    One of the "prizes" we received for the Searcy Meet and Greet is a stack of coupons for $15 off of a starter pack from PathTags. The starter kit is $99 but you can get one for $84 with coupon. We're not holding them as prizes, we'll give them out to someone that wants them so if you can come we can hook you up.....looks like the only fine print is you have to use it within 2 weeks of the event. So if want some now, $15 is $15!