Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You An EarthCache Master?

B62GTAWK Guest
    Greyson and I went to the Historic Rush Mining District in the Buffalo National River up by Buffalo Point today. I believe I can make this one happen. A cacher named Terrydad who has several earthcaches in Yellowstome has been a big help.

Ashallond Guest
    was digging around some web pages, and maybe....maybe found one closer than Lake Fort Smith. Need to go look at it, and see if it's .1 mile away from a cache I KNOW is near there.

ShadowCachers Guest
    I'm already a bronze and in couple weeks after my Earthcache in Cabot gets posted I will be a silver. I'm already working on my gold one, I got two earthcaches in Hartford CT today. Plan on going after three more tomorrow and have 2 mapped out in Maine to accomplish in the next couple days. I also have one mapped out to get on my way back to Arkansas in KY and PA at gettysburg battle field. After its all said and done I should have like 18 in 6 or 7 different states. I also have an area in Ohio picked out for another earthcache. I love earthcaches

We submitted our information for the bronze pin on June 12th and it arrived today. We would have been willing to pay for this award if they were going to continue this program. The pin is great. Thanks again for posting this information.

B62GTAWK Guest
    Got my Bronze Pin today as well. I have begun work on an Earthcache at Rush on the Buffalo river.

Ashallond Guest
    Got a spot near FS lined up, just need one last permission from a director who doesn't come back in town until Tues. Hopefully I'll be submitting on Tues. night.

Ashallond Guest
    Earthcache submitted. Now the wait begins.

When this gets approved, there will be 5 within a 50 mile radius of Fort Smith, 3 of them in Oklahoma, which would get you Bronze level. In fact, even without mine, you can get Bronze level around here by doing the Natural Dam earthcache, and then two of the three EC's on Oklahoma.

*EDIT*

Took less than 24 hours to get approved. Guess they aren't as backlogged as they said they were.

Arkansas's newest Earthcache: Braided Stream (GC1V51D)

Enjoy.

Wow! That looks awesome. I can't wait until our next trip to FS so we visit. Thanks.

Ashallond Guest
    What surprises me is that Arkansas only has 9 Earthcaches.

You'd figure living in the 'Natural State' we'd have more.

and thanks.

I went out and turned in my permit application at Woolly Hollow State Park for an Earthcache. As luck would have it, the cacher who is in charge of the Parkcache program was there at the office. He liked my idea. Hopefully the folks at earthcache.org will too. I've got to wait until he sends me my permit number before I can submit it. I have a good idea, just got to make sure I write it up from the right angle to get it approved.