Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are You An EarthCache Master?

grzz51 Guest
    I think I'll contact the people at Earthcache and tell them what happened

redink Guest
    I recieved my bronze pin some time back. I would not have known about
    it, until Oenavigators shoved me in the right direction. :P
    Thanks Chris and family

I actually just found my first earthcache (GC1V236) a couple of weeks ago in Springfield Missouri. This one is at a really neat place so if you get a chance you have got to go do this one. It's right in town in a very nice park that I am told a lot of the locals don't even know the caves are there. I actually ran into a man and his 4 year old son. The little boy saw my gps and asked what I was doing so I explained geocaching to them. While we were talking another group of young boys with their fathers walked up and we began talking to them about it too. they were all really interested so we waked back down the trail to another cache I had already found so they could see a real cache. There was a total of 14 boys ages 4 through 8 and 4 of their dads. Several of them were very interested and I gave them all an ArkGeo brochure and my email address. So far 2 of the dads have contacted me with questions. So that turned out to be a great geocaching adventure. The boys really loved it.

I then found another one (GC120K5) about 2 hours later in Ozark , Missouri.

I have to go work in Roland, OK in a couple of weeks and plan on getting the one in Ft Smith and the one at Natural Dam. I will probably make a run one day and grab three more over in Oklahoma. I am trying to put one together also so that will put me at a silver real soon. I don't know why I have not done any of the others yet but I will probably take some road trips this summer to go do some more in other places.

I really like the Earthcaches and I agree that as Arkansas is "The Natural State" we should have a lot more.

grzz51 what did the paper say? My paper said You are a Bronze level EarthCache Master. Enclosed is your Bronze EarthCache Master Pin. It also told the requirements for the Silver.
    One cache at a time!

grzz51 Guest
    Thats what mine said too but there was only the paper and a sticker for your car...........no pin. I looked on the earthcache site but no way to contact them. OH well

gingerose Guest
    Here is an email address that you could try. It was on the Earthcache website under guidelines for submittal. They may know something or be able to provide you with contact information.

earthcache@geosociety.org

OR

the Geological Society of America is the organization that Earthches go through and their phone number is 1-303-357-1000.

Hopefully, you can get somewhere with these. Let us know.

Gingerose

grzz51 Guest
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

ShadowCachers Guest

Cabot will soon have earthcache

Just submitted an earthcache in the cabot area. It everything goes as planned it should post day after the cito event.

ShadowCachers Guest
    Yeah!!!! My first EC has posted in Cabot area. I temp disabled it for the cito event at the earthcache tomorrow. That way I can draw names for the FTF on the CITO and EC cache.

I just submitted my Earthcache for Whooly Hollow State Park. When I pasted my word doc into the form it stripped out the CRs and such. I didn't realized I wouldn't be able to edit it like you can a regular cache. Oh well, maybe I can fix it later.