Thread: Arkansas in National Geographic

Arkansas in National Geographic

The October Issue of National Geographic has a really good article on the Ozark Highlands Trail. You can check it out online HERE. Be sure to check out the picture gallery. There is a link at the top of the page.
    I grew up in East Texas which is mostly flat and almost no public land. I moved to Arkansas at age 19 and now 18 years later The Ozarks are the reason I do not wish to leave.
    I have spent unknown amounts of time hiking this trail and others in the state and there is just so much out there to be seen. The one thing that is special about this trail is the fact that it runs right past some of the most scenic spots in The Ozarks. Lots of other trails are merely a path from one point to another.
    Fall is nearly upon us and the next six to eight months is the best time to get out and enjoy this area I call home.
    See you on the trails.

Thank you very much for the link to the article. Now I have to go out and buy that issue. My son likes to hike and I want him to read that article.

Also I found some great puzzles to work on the computer and my wife loves to do jigsaw puzzles and had lost the url for the puzzles she used to work.

The National Geographic website is now on my favorites list.

Thanks again.

ShadowCachers Guest
    The National Geographic website is now on my favorites list as well. Great article and photos. Love to work for NATGEO some day as a photographer. Never visited that area of Arkansas but hope to soon. Want to take some photographs of the area when leaves change. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCachers
    Never visited that area of Arkansas but hope to soon. Want to take some photographs of the area when leaves change.
    I'll get off my tail and hide some more caches on the trail for you to find. If you ever want to go for a hike I would be glad to join you.

ShadowCachers Guest
    You know of any good area to take some pictures. I'm not sure where to even travel to to get to the area. Im always up for a good hike.. Just let me know when a good time to go is..

More caches on the trail sounds like a deal to me, we have hiked on different sections of it, but not cross country

As far as pictures, there are a lot of access points and some really neat falls along the way. The wife is the photographer in the family and she has some really good shots of some of the falls , some in the winter when they are all iced over..

HikerRon Guest
    i just heard about the article on the radio this morning. thanks for the link.
    i'm tentatively planning a camping/hiking/geocaching/photograohy trip in mid-october and might have some questions since i've never been in the area before.

We FINALLY got our copy in the mail, great article, I could recognize several of the pics , isnt this sport great, I could actually say "I have been there" to pictures in Nat Geo....

What a State