Thread: Articles of Incorporation and Donations to ArkGeo

Articles of Incorporation and Donations to ArkGeo

Hello all,

I wanted to post some important information to the group regarding our nonprofit status and donations.

First, I wanted to share a link to the Secretary of State's website. This link will allow anyone to lookup information about organizations that have incorporated with the state of Arkansas. If you wish to see ArkGeo's Articles of Incorporation, or wish to point someone to them as proof of our nonprofit status, this is where to go:

http://www.sosweb.state.ar.us/corps/search_all.php

Under the "Name" field, just type "Arkansas Geocachers Association" to find us. You can even print this info out if a hard copy is needed. This could be helpful to those who wish to donate to ArkGeo.

Second, I wanted to remind everyone that since we are a 501(c)7 organization, donations to ArkGeo are NOT tax-deductible. According to the IRS rules, this would include online contributions, membership dues, food/beverage donated as refreshments for a club event, or any other donation. Please make sure that donors are aware of this.

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Thanks Wayne for posting this for us. The first question most folks ask is if it is tax deductible and I was not aware that it was not. I will remember it for the future. I am working on a brochure that we can use when out looking for donations. I hope to have it ready soon.

ShadowCachers Guest
    Let me know if you need any photos for your work or graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking
    I am working on a brochure that we can use when out looking for donations.
    Before putting in a lot of work, check out the ArkGeo brochure in our Downloads section (second one on the list). The Community Relations committee designed it with this purpose in mind. Hope this helps...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile