Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My own Puzzle Cache

My own Puzzle Cache

This just goes to show you that those WHO you think are your friends will make fun of you!
    Maybe he is trying to help me out?
    I am not all that bright and I can't tell Which it could be?
    I saw this posted on GC today.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...9-e2bfccd72b58

I have been working on trying to decipher that puzzle. What is a "Shift Key Encription"?
    I have tried to Google it and came up with nothing. I have spent several hours staring at it and I just don't get it!
    I have even seen a couple other cachers posting notes on it. I guess they are as smart as me?
    I thought for sure that I would be able to solve it before anyone else, because he named it after me.
    I just hope he isn't making fun of me! If so I will get even

Has anyone ever seen HikerRon in a pair of overalls
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Howlingmoon Guest
    I don' know if he's making fun of you or not but, I saw it right away. My brain works that way, and sees stuff like that. hehe Good luck figuring it out! I wish I lived closer to tis one to go grab it.

HikerRon Guest
    wait a minute! AR-Hick has FRIENDS?

Everybody that has met Hick has liked him.
    and all prominent geocachers should have a tribute cache done up for them.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

(notice, he hasnt found the cache yet

I had to put that cache on my watchlist. That's going to be the best "found it" log ever. Well, when AR-HICK finally deciphers it anyway.

Sorry AR-HICK i can't help you with this one.

I'm not very good at foreign languages and those two long words he uses as hints sound like Russian or something.

I tried to decipher those two words in all the translation dictionaries but none of them are any help.

Maybe they speak that way in Colorado.

Ya'll aren't much help, although I did look it up in the Cabotian Dictionary.
    This is all I could find
    Cabotian Dictionary

HikerRon - HiK`R'on 1. Affluent Citizen who is way to smart for his own good. 2. Geocacher with the ability to seem smarter than he may be. 3. A person who likes to make fun of Hicks.
    I may have to resort to some other means of deciphering this puzzle ????
    Bribery
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

scoutfrog Guest
    Just wanted to add a little fuel to the fire. I've solved the puzzle but I'm not willing to drive the 383 miles to find the cache right now.

You better get to Cabot AR-HICK before them Tenneseen's invade your cache. Looks like the Tenn. Hicks are pretty smart.

I bet if you traded your overalls for a nice suit the Cabot Haberdasher would give you another hint.

But that would be too much of a bribe.

Maybe you could go to the middle of town and expand your search 500 feet in every direction and keep this up until you eventually find it.

Just a thought.

ShadowCachers Guest
    Not to make matters worse but my seven year old found it.. Might have taken two trips but he came up with a smiley. He is like a bloodhound though, thats why we call him the ShadowHound. This cache could have started a new series of caches called the Geobash Series. What will be next... Cabot-1 Morrilton-0

HikerRon Guest
    ar-Hick just came in our store in Cabot, all wet from the waist down, saying he couldnt find the cache.
    i warned him not to go in that pond

just kidding. he found the cache this morning, came by the store, and we had a good visit.
    no black eyes or anything