Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge

Ashallond Guest
    um......I offer a stick of gum and one shiny nickel?

astrodav Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by edieo
    So far the best offer is a 4 wheeler and a trip to The Grand Canyon!!!
    Whoever did that probably can't deliver very soon I bet. I can deliver something in just a few hours. I'll stuff all of the 35mm cans I can fit into that ammo-can out in front of your house .... and throw in a nice map of every un-cached sign-post in the county. To sweeten the deal, I'll tape a couple of Baby Coke Bottles to the outside of the can. (It'll be full of 35mm's remember, so they won't fit inside.)

And too, that tape will be brand new camo tape .... actual "Duck" tape too, none of that off-brand cheap stuff. If you're careful, & if it doesn't rain, you can pull it off & re-use it.

I think I have a mostly used can of Krylon camo-brown spray paint too in the shop. I'll throw it on the ground in under all that stuff. Could be enough left in it to paint 1 or 2 of the containers. If not, you can still recycle it & make some money.

I don't think you can beat that deal. Don't make me resort to threats. Since I know where that ammo-can is, that means I know where your house is. And sometimes I get a wee bit ..... "off". At least that's what my shrink told me last visit.

flannelman Guest
    For shame! The things people will do to get an award.

Quote Originally Posted by edieo
    So far the best offer is a 4 wheeler and a trip to The Grand Canyon!!!
    I don't own a 4 wheeler (and never will!) and I will be IN the Grand Canyon 2 weeks from today ... and I ain't giving anyone that trip! No way, no how!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

In Sept. 2008 I was clueless as to what the Rosenburg Challenge Trophy was but in Oct. 2008 I was awarded the trophy as the third receipient.
    But no amount of love and care for the trophy was enough for the judges not to take it from me and award it to Woodwalker. The receipient does not share in the bribes and wealth that comes with the awarding of the troply, Only the judges benefit. The trophy itself is enough compensation for the receipient, according to the judges, whoever they may be. But if you see certain cachers moving to retirement communities that seem to be out of reach of the average cacher we might get a clue as to who they might be.
    Woodwalker must have emptied his treasurey to have enough loot to bribe the judges to get them to risk life and limb to wrest the trophy from me. It was well guarded but they sent the militia and I was outgunned and had to surrender it.
    So if the Fox's think they will benefit from the Bribes they must have formed a Well Regulated Militia to defend themselves from the power of the JUDGES.
    So Edieo if you can do an "under the table" deal with some unsuspeting cacher for a 4 wheeler and a trip to the Grand Canyon you better grab it and run because you might not be able to decide who gets it next.

We have always thought that edieo was a very classy lady. However, we thought it was in bad taste when she pinched her grandkids so that they would appear to be upset when she was presenting the trophy to idratherbehiking. We know that both she and Richard have worked hard for this trophy. We just hope that idratherbehiking has enough funds that he can have a special tshirt made for the Rosenberg trophy like he did for the state parks.

Congratulations to IRBH for being awarded the trophy. Maybe he can accidentally 'lose' that tail thingy attached to it...

rklmbl hit on it, did anyone else notice that IRBH had a bunch of T-shirts made up and put in the gift shop at Petit Jean, I think I saw some at Lake Dardanelle also. hmmm...

Congratulations to team CFD29 who have been chosen unanamously as the latest recipient of the Rosenberg Trophy. The trophy was presented to them at the Searcy Event this past Saturday. This is Arkansas Geocaching's most prestigious award and they have worked hard for it. We look forward to seeing this trophy and Clark and Deb on the front page of the local Johnson County newspaper.

Congrats Clark and Deb. We are sorry we missed the presentation, but know you are well deserving of the award. Enjoy the honor, NW & RBG