Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge

Man, it's a slow time in the geocaching world.
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

This sounds ridiculous and fun at the same time! I think I may have to be a part of this. We need our very own thread with names and point values per participant or a document that is saved in the downloads section so we can watch our score grow. We can have a monthly winner as well as a yearly top champion based on points.

We should post up our geocache finds/hides/dnfs/adventures and ideas in said thread so we can get points for our efforts/actions and feedback from other participants. To make it more interesting, I think we could use this opportunity as a fund raising contest. If someone wants to participate they just donate anything above a dollar to arkgeo. This will keep the cost low so we can spend our money on gas and food and help our organization maintain this website and help with special events like CITO and Meet and Greets.

I'm not quite sure what the prize will need to be if you win for a month, but it needs to be something cool and cheap.

Hopefully if this takes off I'll get a few points for making this awesome suggestion!

flannelman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jclaudii
    This sounds ridiculous and fun at the same time! I think I may have to be a part of this. We need our very own thread with names and point values per participant or a document that is saved in the downloads section so we can watch our score grow. We can have a monthly winner as well as a yearly top champion based on points.

We should post up our geocache finds/hides/dnfs/adventures and ideas in said thread so we can get points for our efforts/actions and feedback from other participants. To make it more interesting, I think we could use this opportunity as a fund raising contest. If someone wants to participate they just donate anything above a dollar to arkgeo. This will keep the cost low so we can spend our money on gas and food and help our organization maintain this website and help with special events like CITO and Meet and Greets.

I'm not quite sure what the prize will need to be if you win for a month, but it needs to be something cool and cheap.

Hopefully if this takes off I'll get a few points for making this awesome suggestion!

Sounds like something fun. Mayb just add a forum here for this and have people vote on their fav story or whatever. Could be a fun thing to do while not caching.

flannelman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-HICK
    It took some doing, but here is a little more information:

Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge- a simple game in which the rules change every month according to how it is played. Rules for the month will not be posted until after the Judges meet.
    Last month’s Challenge was to find as many caches as possible between 12 midnight and 6 am.
    Overall cache difficulty and terrain will only have an effect if the cacher uses
    Wordy and Extreme Storytelling while logging the cache, this may or may not award extra points. The skill of the cacher and overall standing in the community could have some affect on scoring. The possibilities are endless, unorthodox cache retrieval, swimming lakes and oceans, skydiving to remote locations and the riding of grizzly bears to and from the cache may help your score. FTF and longest unfound caches also may or may not increase your score total found caches has little bearing unless extra points are awarded. See above.

Exceptions are the rule.

Your score will be dictated by the Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge Judges and points are awarded only by them.
    They can be easily swayed with bribes, meals, laptops and gas cards. This is a cut-throat challenge and you must be willing to whatever it takes to win. The judges will keep there identity a secret and if they are identified all points given by them will be voided.
    Placement of new caches may also have an affect our score, depending on difficulty, ingenuity of the hide and cache page description and possibly no effect at all.
    Additional points if you host an event and serve deviled eggs
    Posting on the ArkGeo will also increase your total score. This will depend upon how skillfully you exercise your storytelling, thought in posting, genuine ideas or lack of knowledge and how skillfully it is applied.

Your score will be dictated by the Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge Judges and points are awarded only by them.
    Arkansas Rosenberg Cacher Challenge Judges will meet at the end of every month to judge all cachers on style, grace and ingenuity of all aspects of Geocaching. This meeting will be held in a smoke filled back room, back of a black limousine, on a park bench, secret chat room or via conference call, the day of this meeting will always end in “y”.

The decision of the judges can be appealed. This will be considered if one or all of these requirements are met.
    1. Finding the proper judge.
    2. Swaying Judge with a 4-wheeler, new car, boat or an airplane (with flying lessons or a full time pilot.)
    3. Cash, Jewelry and/or Winning Lottery ticket.

Now you know, and I hope everyone is up to the challenge.
    Ready, Set, GO!
    Sounds like a load of carp to me!

Anyone at the event in Searcy today knows that AR Hick was the winner and recieved the trophy today, as to what was done to get this most honorable award, no one knows,
    It was a most historic event today, one that will go down in history,
    We will be watching the 10pm news to see any footage of the event as RKL awarded the trophy...
    Those that were not there really missed a memorable event

quiltingranny Guest
    AR-HICK wrote
    Additional points if you host an event and serve deviled eggs
    I did not see this requirement for getting points in the Challenge until after we hosted our event. If I take Deviled Eggs to the next event I attend will that count as points for me? (I'm assuming that AR-HICK is one of the judges.)

I might also bribe him with some other culinary delicacy (Look that up in the dictionary AR-HICK) That does not mean 4 wheelers or helicopters in case you were expecting them.
    Cooking I can do, buying expensive "bribes" I can't do. What would Searcy Kid think? He'd probably think I didn't love him anymore if I buy "stuff" like
    choppers and the like for somebody else. Safe bet is "cooked bribes" that's how I bribe him and it's language most men ,including him ,understand.

B62GTAWK Guest
    I heard Hick loves Potato Salad.

B62GTAWK Guest
    I was feeling bad because Hick really doesn't like potato salad but he does like Angel food cake.
    Sorry

quiltingranny Guest
    Well I'm not too experienced in making Angel Food Cake but I had just made up a receipe for Rosenberg Potato Salad.

I was just trying to find out where to get a couple of its key ingredients, Bear Grease and Helicopter oil.

Congratulations to Searcy Kid for winning the prestigious Rosenberg Challenge Trophy. Someone once said, "Behind every great man is a great woman." So, even though HICK did not mention that you had any help in winning this award, we suspect that granny may have helped. Anyhow, Searcy is a great place for this trophy to reside until next month when the judges make another decision. Again, congrats.